hot chocolate and hugs

Xiao and Hutao walked up the icy path heavily laden with snow. It barely had any bonfires and Hutao wrapped her arms around herself to ward off the cold. XIao put an arm around her. "We'll continue our way up this path to kill any helichurls or abyss mages, then go up the peak. There should be some bonfires along the way. In the meantime, warm yourself with this." 

He took out a small jar of fire and handed it to Hutao, who took it. "Thank you so much!" She smiled at Xiao, her eyes drifting over to his eyes  unconsiously. 

They reached a helichurl camp. Xiao poised his spear ready to fight; so did Hutao. Together, they fought off the helichurls in less than a minute without even scratching themselves. 

Hutao flicked her ponytails proudly, grinning. "Hehe! Done! I told you I wasn't useless!" She flicked Xiao on the shoulder playfully, then shrieked when he lunged at her. 

Suddenly an abyss mage shot ice towards Hutao's chest and she stumbled back in surprise - into Xiao's arms.  He wrapped them around her and stabbed the abyss mage. "Are you ok?" He asked ,looking concerned. 

Hutao nodded quickly. "I'm fine! Don't worry." She smiled. 

They continued upwards into the cold. They cleared out multiple helichurl camps and killed slimes and abyss mages until dusk, and set up camp on a relatively warm area. "We can rest here," Xiao said. 

They sat side by side together in the cold, hands cupped around mugs of hot chocolate (Hutao wishing he had his hands cupped around her face ;> ).  Hutao gazed at the dark sky littered with stars and leaned on Xiao's shoulder, taking a sip of hot chocolate. "The sky is so pretty," she said softly, a smile playing on her lips.  

"It is. It's so rare that we get to see something that bright and clear, since in Liyue the sky is disturbed by all the artificial lights," Xiao replied. 

Hutao nodded in agreement. "I'm so glad we got to see something like this! It feels like taking a deep breath after being trapped in a place where you can't breath properly. But...what if the stars are lying to us, and it's artifical too?'

Xiao put his arm around her. "People said as long as you believe in the stars, they will never be fake."

authors note:

omggggg! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS AND LEAVING COMMENTS!! 

Im shocked people actually did it. Anyways, this is possibly the most heartfelt and pretty chapter I have ever written (maybe because I'm in an aesthetic starbucks and listening to daylight by Taylor - that really sets the mood :>)