a walk together

Xiao gave her a look. "Why are you following me?"

Hutao looked embarrased. "I'm just bored. I'm...lonely. Do you want to go for a walk? I have nothing to do, and it's not like you sleep anyways. Do you want to walk around the harbour, just to enjoy the moonlight? Pleeeeasssseeee?" She looked up at Xiao. 

Xiao hesitated. Surely it won't do any harm to it.  "fine." And they walked around Liyue harbour together. Hutao stayed close to Xiao, admiring his green tipped hair and his serious expression. "Xiao?"

"yes?"

Hutao hesitated. "You always look so bothered and your eyes always look so heavy. What's the matter? Come to think of it, you've never told me - or anyone - about your past. Was it karma or something?"

Xiao sighed. Does she really want to know? "yes," he said reluctantly. "I have been subjected to the karma of killing the gods in the archon war."

Hutao's eyes widened. "So that's why you're hurting so much!" She wrapped her arms around him, grinning. "Were you trying to hide it? hehe~"

Xiao looked bemused. "How about you, Hutao? I'm sure you've had some events in your past too. Why did you react like that when we were sparring?"

Hutao stopped in her tracks. "U-um, uh, y-you noticed??" She gasped and looked embarrassed. "Oh! umm, that was just because I was, uh, confused. Nothing happened."

Xiao looked at her. "You can't fool me. Do you have some kind of history with someone defeating you or some sort like that?"

Hutao swallowed hard. Can she trust him? "It's more like being helpless or being controlled and hurt that I was scared of. When I was young, someone briefly did something like that. It's nothing now!"

Xiao put an arm around Hutao lightly. "I'm not going to hurt you."

Suddenly tired, Hutao leaned her head on Xiao's shoulder and let her mind wander to the stars. Her palm rested on Xiao's hand, and she smiled at Xiao. 

"You know, Xiao, people are always saying that you're such a tough and mighty adepti, but you're so nice too!"

Authors note:

omg more people are readinf this than I thought! Sorry for not updating yesterday, and things are getting INTERESTING! Plot are getting good - they're going to dragonspine! Read on!