start of the journey

Xiao smiled. "I'm glad to hear that. In the meantime, we should go. It is past midnight, almost two, and you don't live very near, no? 

Hutao pouted. "But tonight was so much fun? Let's go for a walk sometime soon. Promise?"

Xiao nodded. "Yes. Goodnight, Hutao."

Hutao grinned. "Bye, Xiao!"

Hutao didn't tell anyone, but secretly she felt grateful for Xiao. All her life she was so alone, haunted with people from her past and frowned upon people for always pranking. Truth is, every smile and every prank she does is just trying to mask her loneliness. But then Xiao came along, giving her hope to start fresh again. 

 The next day she skipped around Liyue to wangshu inn, to look at the pretty sunrise, and, of couse, to accidentally bump into Xiao. 

When she got there though, she saw someone that usually wasn't there. "Zhongli? What are you doing here?" 

Zhongli nodded at her. "Good morning to you too. Since you are here, can you help me find Xiao? I need to find him for a very important matter."

That got Hutao's interest. "What do you need him for?"

Zhongli sighed. "It has been told that the fatui are attacking dragonspine. They set up helichurl camps, abyss mages, agents, and most importantly, a harbinger is at the peak of dragonspine, setting up some cursed ice so whoever goes near it will die. This is a huge threat to all, so I asked Xiao to clear out all the camps and mages and confront the harbinger."

Hutao gasped. "Let me go too!"

Zhongli shook his head. "It's too dangerous-"

"NO! Please let me go! I'll be helpful and I'll listen to Xiao! Just let me goooooo!"

"it's too-"

"I'll go set off with Xiao now then!"

And she whizzed away, hardly daring to believe that she could go with Xiao on this mission. 

"Xiaoooooo! Come over here!" She yelled out to Xiao. He went out.

"What is it?" He frowned.

Hutao grabbed his arm. "We're going to dragonspine today! Zhongli already told you, right?"

Xiao nodded. "You. Cannot. Go."

Hutao glared at him. "Just let me go! I'm better than I seem like!" She tossed her spear and grinned. 

Xiao relented. "Fine. Let's go."

And then set off to Mingyun village to start the icy journey. 

Authors note:

omg I can't believe somebody is actually reading it

Also please save this book and leave some comments so I know your thoughts on this book :)