Chapter 10

I walk into the room next to Lauren's, she is pretty happy about our date and that's making me nervous. Nervous you? Well that's a first. What? She does, I don't know what's about her but whenever she is in my presence it feels like I am on drugs.

I dress myself in the best suit that I own, with a little bow tie that I know she will like at least I hope so.

I put the candles around the place outside, I make a little road towards the table with them and I put two of them on the table. I would like to cook something for her but there is no time, I walk towards her door nervously and knock. "Don't be impatient Y/N you told me that it's a date, I am getting myself ready," she giggles and I swear that I could listen to that sound forever.

"It's not that Lauren, you can take as much time as you need, I actually need to look at my emails if there is any news about the company. But, I would really like to cook something for you, but unfortunately we don't really have time for that." I tell her sadly and she probably heard the saddness in my voice as she came closer to the door but never opened them, "I don't mind it Y/N, we can cook together tomorrow night, I will be happy with some wine, ice cream and whipped cream. The only thing that really matters is you being there with me, right?" She asks and I nod, stupid, she can't see you through the door. "Yeah, thanks Laur." I hear her giggle as she disappears from the door again.

I move outside with a little blanket under my arm, I put it in front of the rail and put candles around it. It looks good I say to myself as I walk back inside to look at my emails. Nothing special has happened in this two days, my client signed the documents and that was all, but there is this funny mail with the pretty familiar name on it, Clare. I look at it for a little while and after having a big war with myself I open it.

Dear Y/N,

I know it's been a while since we last seen eachother, you are 24 now and the things have changed so drastically for us. I was trying to tell myself that I hate you for five years, but the fact is that I never did.

Yesterday when I was looking through some pictures on the internet I saw something about you, I'll be completely honest since the day we parted I've been stalking you. I wanted to see you grow into the woman you are today, and I am proud oh God how proud I am on you.

A few years ago when you gave me something that I'll be always grateful for, my heart broke, my heart broke because someone told me that I have to pack my bags and leave, they were afraid that I was going to ruin your future. I know you cheated on me once, and I also know that it was a one time thing when we were together, I know that you were drunk that night and I know that we were taking a little break from eachother but it still hurt.

But you should know that that was not the reason for my departure. It took me five years to say it, but your father is a "dick", he made me leave. He put some money in my purse telling me that if I ever get close to you again he'll do so much worse.

A month ago, when I gathered the courage to talk to you, he found out somehow and told me to back off. Look if you tell your father about this letter you'll never get the chance to meet her.

To meet your daughter Maddie, she has your eyes and lips, and the way she talks, she is just like you. I know you probably hate me and don't want anything to do with me, but I hope really hope that you still want to know your daughter.

I heard that you're getting married soon? Finally huh? It's sounds so unreal, you're settling down Y/N.

Look I've already said too much, but if you want to meet or just know anything about our daughter, write me an email, it won't be hard since you're so hardworking nowadays.