Chapter 27

"You have no idea how happy I am that he's still just learning to walk!" I hear a voice coming from my left side as I am standing in front of the house Lauren bought for her and Leo. It's not big, it's a small white house with fence all over it and a lot of trees and roses. I guess she was always that kind of girl who liked roses more than she liked material stuff.

I turn my head slightly to take a look at Dinah, she is dressed up in a red dress that fits perectly with the happy birthday sign on the porch of the house and the balloons all around us.

"I hate this freaking balloons and Lauren knows it Dinah she knows it! Why would she do that to me?" The little one screams when she comes towards us and she stops suddenly when she notices me. "Oh my God you're here! Finally! She had a little break down in the morning after she re-read your letter again."

I smiled at her sadly as I felt something hiting the back of my head, when I turned around I saw a shoe laying on the grass. "Freaking jerk! Why would you tell her that you'll be gone for a year and then do this? She's been crying for days," Camila yells as she storms my way. She looks like a hurricane that's about to hit me with the best shot.

"I wanted to surprise her," I tell them and they all nod, well all except Camila of course.

"You shouldn't have left in the first place. Do you even know how hard it was to pick her up everyday? Seriously she broke down at least once a day. I was afraid that one day our hugs wouldn't be good enough." Camila was always the one yelling at me when I did something stupid from the start. They are best friends after all, Dinah and others were more understanding.

"Anyway, why are you still out here? You came to surprise them? Go on and do it then?" Dinah says and I walk away towards the car and I see girls running behind me with their high heels on. I pull out a huge teddy bear and a single red rose, along with a little dolphin for the little one and some clothes for him.

"I almost threw Mila's shoe at you I swear! I thought you were leaving again." Dinah yells and I have to smile at their faces and that buys me a slap from Mila.

"Guys Lauren is looking for y....Y/N? It's about damn time!" Normani yells as she leans closer and moves the teddy bear a little so she can see me.

"Just go inside girls and don't tell her I am here. I need some time but I'll come in a few minutes I promise." I tell them and they all look at me with furrowed eyebrows as they start walking towards the house slowly.

"You better come inside in five minutes. No running away Y/N." Dinah tells me calmly.

I breathe in the good things and breathe out the bad ones. I look around the place for one more time before I start walking inside. I can hear the song already, happy birthday to you, I can see Dinah recording all that's happening and as my eyes look around the room filled with people they land on the goddess dressed in a white dress she wore on our wedding day.

It's like I am going through it all again, the memory of our wedding day flashes in front of my eyes and I am so happy so damn happy to be here. She doesn't notice me though, my son looks all grown up, he is wearing a little bow tie and a jacket. He looks too sweet for this world and as I take a better look I can see Maddie standing by Leo's side as he is sitting in his chair. I don't think he knows what's going on his hands are flying around the air all the time.

"Take a picture, take a picture! Light the candles!" I hear screams from all around the room. I'm surprised when I see my mom and dad and the thing that surprises me even more is that my dad is actually taking pictures of my son and wife.

"Another one with grandpa and grandma kid," my dad yells as he hands me the phone so I could take the picture. He didn't see me through the big teddy bear, nobody did actually. This is the right moment, this is it.