Chapter 19

It's been almost a year since my wife found me unconscious in my office, she told me that I've been working for a few days straight and that that caused everything. I don't get it though, why would the fact that I was exhausted caused my memory loss.

Let's just say that she was happy to see me, but I was confused as hell because I didn't remember her or my daughter Maddie. It felt like half of my life was ripped out of me, where am I, why am I here, since when do I have a daughter, a wife even, where have I been for the last few years? The doctor said that it was temporary memory loss. But it's been a year and everything inside me is still the same, I still don't remember anything.

My wife told me the whole story about how we found our way back to eachother and how we got married instantly. It's been a year since I am living with them, since I am getting to know my daughter but something always seems to be off. My best friend Alex is acting pretty weird whenever he comes to see me at home, but when we are out he seems completely different, I wonder what that is all about.

However my life is better than ever before, I've got something I've been always dreaming about, a family, sweet home, nice job, even my relationship with mom and dad is getting better nowadays. He is not a yelling bastard anymore and from time to time it seems that he actually listens to the things I have to say. Mom is still, she is still hurt I guess, it's funny how I remember the bad things, the loss of my brother, the memories of that day I got hurt on a mission, everything is stuck in my head, but when it comes to my wedding or Maddie I know nothing about it.

I am sitting in front of the tv with my daughter, she is obsessed with this girl group Fifth Harmony, she told me that they were gone for almost a year and that they came back now. I am sitting here just waiting for the girls to come on the stage so I can see them for the very first time. Maddie has been talking about them for a whole year now, she always wanted me to see this Lauren, I guess she really likes her. However even though I don't know anything about this girl group, I don't know their songs Maddie tells me some things about them from time to time, but I don't follow her, she just talks too fast when it comes to them.

"Ally," the crowd yells and a little girl comes on the stage, she is all smiley and she looks like a little sunshine up there. "Normani," they yell and she sways her hips from left to right as she comes to the front, well she seems familiar, there is a weird feeling inside my stomach, but I shrug it off. "Camila," I can hear the crowd getting crazy and the girl is pretty really pretty, but the feeling in my stomach doesn't go away. Do I know this girls?

"Dinah!" They yell and when I see her I swear that something inside me moves, have I seen them before? Maybe I did, maybe that's why this feels so familiar. "Lauren," the crowd goes crazy now, she comes on the stage smiling like a goddess, woah she is perfect.

"She has a little baby boy, she was pregnant that's why the group split up for a year, but now her son is four months old and she decided to come back." I nod at my daughter telling her that I understand. I look back at the tv and I swear that I feel something inside me when she starts singing, like I know it, I know this raspy voice.

"Where is the father?" Maddie shrugs her shoulders in response. Either she really doesn't know or she is hiding something, before I can ask her more about it her lips start moving.

"They're saying that he dumped her when she got pregnant, we never heard anything about him though, but I thought that you knew that? You two were like friends a year ago." She says and I choke on the water I was drinking. "We were?" She nods but doesn't say anything else. They probably wanted to sign the contract with our company but then she got pregnant and that never happened. Either way they should have come back, I would gladly sign the papers with them, they seem pretty amazing.