Chapter 46

"Help me, help me, there is a girl trying to kill me!" Y/n screams loudly and her kids run towards her, Lauren waking up slowly rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning baby," she whispers into y/n's ear like she used to when they were together.

"Look ma'am I don't know who you are and what are you doing inside my house and especially on the sofa laying next to me, but I don't have any money." Lauren's eyes are wide open staring at the nervous girl next to her.

"Sorry about that y/n, this is our mother, she came to pick us up yesterday and it was pretty late so we let her sleep here." Maddie says interrupting the staring their moms were sharing.

"On the sofa? With me? Why?"

"You should ask our mom that question," Jessie shots angrily and Lauren looks lost like a little puppy.

"I was cold. There was no blanket around here and I didn't wanted to be nosy looking through anyone's stuff so I just cuddled next to you."

"Oh." Y/N lets out and Lauren raises her eyebrow at her.

"I mean, I am always down for that, I haven't done it in forever I think. You want to cuddle? Sure, I'll gladly cuddle you." Lauren let out an nervous smile a thought immediately crossing her mind.

"Well to be completely honest, I am still cold, could you warm me up a bit?" Y/N nods happily and as they cuddle their children can see how nervous they both are but happy at the same time. But there is something wrong in their mothers eyes, Lauren looks like she's seen a ghost. She jumps away from y/n and sits down next to Leo, "I can't do it yet." She whispers as she feels eyes on her, slowly turning around she sees y/n staring at her with those beautiful eyes that always make her fall.

Lauren was distant after that crazy morning, observing her family, y/n didn't recognized her in the morning and it hurt more than she can admit to herself. Maddie is the first trying to fix the situation as she brings Lauren's old diary and she is just about to read it but y/n speaks up suddenly. "So Lauren right? Are you staying for the story? I think it's beautiful and the lovers share the same names as we do." With teary eyes all Lauren could do was nod her head gently, "well come on then? Join me on the soft sofa will you? It gets kind of lonely here, I really needed a friend so thank you guys for coming." Lauren moves towards her wife slowly, sitting down on the sofa, warm soft arms wrap themselves around her waist and she smiles gently at her wife, the sparks flying around the room. She hopes, prays, that y/n felt them too.

Maddie coughs loudly and their heads turn towards her, "come on little Maddie, read us the story of love."

"Of love?" Lauren raises her eyebrows.

"Of course, what else could it be?" Y/N shots back but Maddie doesn't let them think anymore.

I know she is hurting, she is pushing me away and I am sick of it, I am tired and confused but she won't tell me what's wrong. It's been a long time since we talked like two married people, she is slowly slipping away between my fingers and I am watching her leave. It hurts too much and that's why I spend a lot of time with my friends and this guy Ricky I met a few weeks ago, he's a doctor, he's a great man, he helps me with all the things that are happening between me and y/n.

Tonight something is different about the house we used to call home, the candles are lighted up, the roses laying on the floor, the dinner set on the table. Y/N looks at me lovingly, takes me by the hand and pulls the chair out so I can sit down. Somewhere in the middle of our dinner some unknown beat starts playing in the background, y/n looks at me before the words start crushing me slowly.

I can see it in your eyes as I'm stumbling home
You're living with a woman that you no longer know
You forgot to smile, as I passed you by