Chapter 47

There were days when y/n was fine, she woke up before anyone else, made breakfast, set the table, sat down behind it and waited for her family to come downstairs.

Y/n smiles to herself thinking about how Lauren is staying in her house, how they go to bed together every evening even though she doesn't remember her in the morning. It freaks her out but Lauren knows how to make it all better. Today is one of the good days, one of those days when y/n remembers the people sitting around the table, she looks at each one of them, they're happier than they were in a long time, laughing together, telling eachother stories. Y/n doesn't notice Lauren staring at her from the other side of the table, she is too focused on the little girl sitting to her right.

"We're the king and the queen aren't we grandma??" Little Lisa screams excitedly, Maddie brought her husband and daughter to her house so y/n can meet them properly and Leo wanted to bring his fianceé too.

"We are?" Y/n looks at the tiny girl who insisted to sit next to her grandma this morning, it was hard enough to explain the fact that her grandma is sick and can forget all about her family in a split second, but the little girl never gave up. Even on the days when grandma didn't recognized her, she jumped on the sofa next to her and cuddled right into her chest, whispering I love you over and over again, hoping that her grandma will come back again.

"Yes. You can be the king if you want to and I'll be the queen." She squeaks and Maddie looks at her.

"Baby, leave grandma alone alright?" Lisa looks at y/n with teary eyes and she shakes her head. "Don't leave me alone my queen." The giggle coming from the little ones mouth warms y/n's heart.

"So, I suppose me and Maddie will take you to the doctors today?" Kevin, Maddie's husband says and y/n nods. It's almost christmas and the family decided that they will use the oportunity of their mother being gone for a few hours, to try decorating the house and the old tree that's basically lying in the attic forgotten.

"We leave in an hour mom, be ready alright?" Y/n hates it sometimes, she hates it that her family thinks she is uncapable of doing things on her own. She loves Lauren she really does, but jumping on her back whenever she is doing something just lets her know that she thinks she is not capable of doing it alone.

"I'm serious guys, Leo was shaking like crazy when he took me skating," Maia tells the story about their first date.

"It was cold," he tries to defend himself but they all know that he was just scared to ask her to be his girlfriend.

"It wasn't really, we were skating in circles for literally the whole night when he suddenly just stopped, he stopped and mumbled to himself, well this is stupid, I'm stupid, listen Maia, I really like spending time with you and skating in circles won't make my balls grow bigger, fuck, I wasn't supposed to say that," Leo interrupts her, "Maia you're making it worse, they are all laughing at me."

"Why would the balls be on the skating area? And why do they have to grow? How does a ball grow?" Lisa asks and Maddie gives Maia a look that says, not cool at all, fix it!

Maia doesn't really know what to say and she looks towards Leo nervously, Leo shakes his head and mouths, you brought it up.

"You know little one, Maia was talking about the balls on the christmas tree. There in the middle of the skating area was a huge christmas tree but it had small balls on it, I guess Maia and Leo wanted them to be bigger and noticable." Y/n tries to came up with something but fails, their heads are all set on the little one.

"Oh, I get it. That's stupid, big tree and small balls." Maddie sighs in relief.

"So tell me Maia, what happened next? But leave the balls out of the story." Y/n says laughing a little and Lauren notices it, she notices her wife's lovely figure, her red cheeks, small nose, she loves her laughter, she loves her.