Chapter 18

Do you ever get the feeling that you're just not enough, no matter what you do, what you say, how much money or fame you have, you're just not enough for her. Because I do, I feel like that when I look at her, she is too good to be true but she is stuck by my side. By the loser whom doesn't even know how to love properly.

I am stuck in this bed, because she is holding onto me so tightly. I am caressing her beautiful back softly, carefully so I don't wake her up, as I am calling around and thinking about the things that had happened. I made sure that her family is safe, they have their own body guards now, all of them except Mike, he will protect himself if he has to, but I doubt it that anyone is going to attack him.

Max comes inside our room with his eyes closed like a little baby, "we're dressed you dumbass." I tell him laughing and he opens them slowly, like he is making sure that we really are. "Bryan sent me this," he throws the papers my way.

As I am reading them I can see Max walking around the room nervously, "you don't have them do you?" I ask him quietly and he shakes his head. "No. I didn't wanted to leave you two alone." I pull myself away from Lauren and nod my head towards the balcony. Max goes out first as I search for my cigarettes and my blue lighter, when I find them I walk out of the door quietly but not before I take one last glance at her.

Max pulls the cigarette out immediately and lights it up, I smile at him as I sit down on the chair and read the documents. My eyebrows are furrowed together in confusion as I am re-reading the words. This is so confusing I don't even know what to think anymore, "so if I am getting this right, she is a daughter of a secret agent Mike, I don't get it. How, how is this Mike who is not her real father even in the picture then?" Max shrugs his shoulders.

"Bryan told me that Mike didn't even know he had a daughter. He found out accidentally not long ago when he was working on the other Mike's case, it's so freaking complicated that it's freaking me out." Max says giggling and I can't stop myself as I smile along with him.

"But I don't get it. Why would her real father destroy our house and follow us around?" We look at eachother our eyebrows raised as we think.

"Maybe that wasn't even Mike, maybe that was someone else who wanted us to believe that he wants us dead," Max says as he leans his weight on the fence in front of him. His hand shaking a bit as he takes out another cigarette and lights it up.

"Are you freaking telling me that her own father would destroy our house to make us believe that her real father wants us dead," he nods as his fingers search for something in his phone, "that's not all, I've searched for this Mike, Lauren's dad, he is not even registered anywhere, his middle name is as fake as he is. There is only one Mike Jauregui and he is not the one."

"But? What about the wife? Clara why would she take the last name of her ex lover and accept this man as Mike Jauregui if she knows who he is." I wonder and Max shrugs his shoulders roughly as he throws himself down on the chair.

"I believe that he has something on her, he knows something and she has to stay quiet." That's so fucked up, I am going crazy just thinking about it. So Mike wanted me to keep her safe because he knew that I would do anything to do just that, he knew that I wouldn't let the other Mike get close to her daughter. Well he thought wrong, bastard, "find me Mike's number, I am going to meet him, the real one I mean, not the fake one."

Max nods as he stands up and moves towards the door, "take the cigarettes with you, I am trying to stop. But leave me the lighter my mother gave it to me so it means the world to me." He nods as he throws me the lighter and I catch it easily. When he leaves I hear a scream coming from the inside, I guess Lauren is awake? I smile to myself when I feel soft hands wrapping me up gently, her lips press a little kiss on top of my head.