Chapter tewnty six: getting a job

It's been a few weeks since we got back, and Matt visits every other day. Now everyone is finishing up shopping around, and preparing for college. But here I am rubbing my swollen, and large, stomach. Justin is at a job interview right now, and his mom is home from work. "Nicole, dear, are you alright?" She asks walking into the family room, where I am currently sitting on the couch.

I look up to her and see the concern on her face. I take a deep breath and let it out. "I'm fine." I say, but my voice sounds unsure. She sits down on the couch next to me giving me a sad look.

"Nicole what's really bothering you. You know you can tell me anything." She says. I run a hand through my long brown hair and sigh not looking at her. I look to the ground for a few seconds before looking slowly back at her.

"This wasn't the plan. I mean it never really is, but I was so ready for college. Now Justin and I can't go, and I can't help but blame myself." I say feeling somewhat relieved to get it off my chest. She nods her head knowingly sighing too.

"Nicole, it's not just your fault." She says placing her hand on my knee. "Both of you made the decision and have to face your consequences. But Nicole we are here for you one hundred percent." I smile at her, but shake my head.

"It is mostly my fault." I say honestly. "He had a lot to drink, and I didn't. I just gave in not saying no." I say looking back to the ground.

"Honey, that's what happens when you love someone. You give into the feeling." She says smiling. I look at her blushing from the awkward topic. "Plus it's not bad to take a year off. A lot of other kids do that, so don't think you won't go off to college because eventually you will get there." She says. I smile at her and reach out to hug her.

She hugs me back being careful of my stomach. She looks down at it after pulling away. She chuckles looking at me. "What?" I ask confused.

"I just can't believe you two are actually together having a family." She says amused.

"What do you mean?" I ask really confused now. I subconsciously put my hands on my stomach.

"We always teased Justin about likening you. A few years ago he told us that he wanted to tell you. We joke how you two would get married and have a family, and that drove him insane. So, he told us he didn't like you anymore like that." She says with a cheeky smile. I laugh a little, and the door opens to Justin.

"How did it go?" I ask looking over the back of the couch. He looks at me and smiles walking over.

"It went great. I got the job." He grins. I get up off the couch and walk to him to give him a hug.

"That's great." I say hugging him tight. I kiss his cheek before we pull apart. "How did you get it right after the interview?" I ask slightly confused.

"No one else was applied for it, and my interview went perfectly." He says.

"Let's celebrate. Justin what do you want for dinner?" His mom asks him.

"Steak?" He says more as a question.

"Yeah, I just have to run to the store quick." She says heading to the kitchen to get her bag. She comes back out with her bag around her shoulder. "I'll be back soon." She says. She kisses us both on the cheek before leaving.

"How's my little family doing?" Justin asks pecking my lips. I blush at what he said. He's never said that before, and it makes my heart flutter. I smile putting my hands on my stomach.

"We are all doing very well." I say. He smiles placing his hands on mine.

"I'm glad to hear that." He kisses my lips making my heart beat faster. This boy really has an effect on me. I swear everything he does makes me love him more.