Chapter 10

The next day

Calliria's POV

I groaned slightly before I opened my eyes. I expected to see Corinne next to me but she wasn't. I sat up and stretched before looking around the room. Her crown was gone so I knew she had left a while ago. I understand now how she felt when left her alone.

I stood up from the bed and ran a hand through my hair. We were so tired last night that we didn't even bother to change, so I still was fully clothed.

I proceeded to do my usual morning routine which took about forty-five minutes. I put my crown on before I walked out of the room, going to check on Corey first although I'm sure Corinne had done that already.

I walked into his room to see that he wasn't there, so I naturally assumed that he was with Corinne. I knew that if anything bad had happened, I would have been informed by now. Corinne's mind link was blocked so I couldn't communicate with her until I physically saw her.

I made my way downstairs where I was greeted by Giles, "Good afternoon your majesty."

I looked down at my watch to see it was in fact past noon. I guess I was that tired last night,

"Good afternoon Giles. I trust you had a pleasant evening with Kiara?"

He smiled and nodded, "I did. She is absolutely wonderful. She said she'll come back later if I have your permission of course."

I nodded, "Of course, she is welcome anytime. Luckily for you, you have the day off."

"Indeed. If you are looking for Queen Corinne she is talking to Miss Cristal in the garden."

I looked at him shocked. Miss Cristal was Diane. I was pretty sure I told her to leave yesterday so the fact that she was still here talking to my wife was a huge shock to me,

"Thank you Giles."

He bowed and I walked off towards the back of the castle. I didn't take me long to find them both as they were sitting on a bench directly by the entrance,

"Corinne." I called and she looked up at me and smiled. She stood up and walked over to me, giving me a kiss on the lips,

"Hey baby, you okay?" She asked. I nodded and looked between her and Diane confused,

"I'm fine. What is going on here?"

She took my hand in hers and led me towards Diane, "Diane came and apologised."

I looked over at Diane and she ducked her head slightly, "I'm really sorry about yesterday. I don't know what came over me. We've been friends for ten years and the last thing I want to do is ruin that over a silly mistake. I don't want to ruin your marriage either and I wanted Corinne to know that."

I nodded, "Okay. Can you stop with the flirting and all that then because it makes Corinne anxious and it's uncomfortable for me. I'm happily married and you have a mate out there somewhere."

She nodded, "I'll stop. I think I better go and pack my stuff."

"You can stay." I stated, "I was angry last night but I'm calmer now so I'll allow you to stay, if of course it's okay with Corinne."

I looked over at Corinne and she nodded, "It's fine."

Diane bowed slightly, "Thank you. I promise you won't regret it."

She walked off back inside and I sat down on the bench in front of me. Corinne sat down next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder,

"I'm really sorry about last night. Sometimes I let my insecurities get the better of me and I end up hurting you in the process. That is never my intention and I feel ashamed of myself for it. I'm truly sorry."