Pilot 1

Chapter One (Unpleasantville)

"Nina! Wake up! You're going to be late!" A pillow slams multiple times on my head causing me to groan while still being half asleep. "Wake UP!"

Ok, that's enough abuse for today. I got up, walked to my closet, grabbed the closest thing to me and put it on.

"That doesn't match you know," Elena looks at me judging my outfit.

"You sound like Caroline," I said walking past her out of my room.

"She speaks!" Elena claps.

I sluggishly go down stairs and I know that I have someone waiting for me down there. I get a kiss on the cheek and a small hug. "Thanks Jeremy."

"You're welcome sis." Ever since our parents died, everything has changed. But, Jeremy always makes sure to comfort me in my darkest periods. "Ok, you guys all set? Got your pencils and pens!?" Aunt Jenna met us with a big smile a her coffee mug in her hand.

"Hey, don't you have a meeting?" Elena asks grabbing an apple.

"One of my friends are picking me up," Jeremy adds quietly.

"It's not one of your stoner friends, is it? I hope not." I sighed, Elena is just too much and needs to lay off of Jeremy. Elena waited for him to say something with her arms crossed.

"Dude you really have to chill," Jeremy said.

"What is that? Stoner talk?" Elena put a hand on her hip.

"Leave him, he's grieving," Jenna whispered.

"Well, I'm not like that!"

"Everyone grieves differently Elena. Before we know it, he's going to be the old Jeremy again."

~~

"So my grandma tells me that I'm some kind of psychic and I come from a long line of witches. You know Salem, right?" Bonnie always talks about her crazy grandmother. I never met her, but I wouldn't call her crazy, just different.

"So you're telling me you are a-" Elena said before I cut her off and finished her sentence.

"Witch?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's right," Bonnie said.

"Ok, then make a prediction about this year." Elena says raising her eyebrow in a questioning look.

"Ok, I predict-" Bonnie said right before she was cut off.

I gasped, flying forward I let out a shriek. My seat belt held me inches away from the back of the front seat. "Oh my god! Are you guys ok?" Bonnie felt guilty as she looked back at me.

"We can't be afraid of cars forever Bonnie, it's ok" Elena states.

I breathed in and out calming down my heart rate, "You know what I predict, this year will be kick ass and all your worries and sadness will disappear!" Bonnie smiled full of hope.

Walking down the hall is a blonde girl with green eyes and a pretty pink sundress, her hair straightened to perfection. Caroline Forbes, the second most popular girl in this school.

She looks in my direction. "Oh my gosh Nina!" She giggles and hugs me tightly. "You look horrible!" She said, frowning.

"I missed you too Care." I gave her a fake smile.

"Oh, I know!" She said smiling.

I looked around for an excuse to run away and I found the perfect one. "Hey look Care! It's my sister that needs more attention than me!" She smiled when she saw Elena and ran over, I rolled my eyes laughing.