You're Undead to me

Chapter Six

Leaning against my locker at school I chose to ignore the conversation in front of me. Elena and Bonnie were talking about Stefan

"Nina?"

I looked up and saw Stefan and Elena looking at me. Bonnie probably ran away. "Sorry I have something to do." I said to Elena not even looking at Stefan and walked passed them to class.

I saw Jeremy sitting in class and walked up to him "Wow my brother actually came to class" he smiled.

"Yeah I came let's just hope I don't sleep" Jeremy whispered making me laugh.

"How have you been doing?" I asked noticing a difference in him.

"Better, after Vicki started to talk to me it's like all is well in the world" I smiled, Jeremy was finally happy. He hasn't been happy for so long and now he finally is. Maybe I could be happy one day.

"I heard about Elena walking into Vicki in the bathroom" I winked which made him roll his eyes and laugh.

"It's true?!" he nodded and I ruffled up his hair.

"My twin is in love!" he laughed, putting his hand over my mouth.

"Nina can you come and, uh hang out with us this afternoon, look I know it's weird, but you're my twin and trust me Elena is the last person I would ask" he asked me nervously.

I walked into The Grill and looked around, spotting Elena talking to Matt maybe they are ok now. I see Jeremy sitting with Vicki at a booth.

"Hey Jer."

They both looked up smiling "Hey Vicki" I said and she smiled nervously.

"Hey Nina" I sat across from the lovers as they both smile at one another.

"So did you guys order yet?" I asked they shook their heads.

"We were waiting for you" Jeremy said I nodded.

"Well I'm starving" I said and a waitress came over to take our order. "And I'll just have some fries thanks." I said smiling politely. "So guys look, I didn't come here to ruin or make you nervous. I came here to get to know you and what makes my twin brother like you so much." I said smiling looking at Vicki and she smiled.

"Thank you for giving me a chance Nina usually people just listen to rumors" I understood having sympathy for the girl.

***

I spent hours doing homework my door w closed which meant no one would be bothering me. I sighed stretching my arms when I finished an assignment. A really good smell hit my nose. Someone was cooking something really good. "OK I know Elena and Aunt Jenna can literally never cook to save their lives so who the-" I left my room and walked down the stairs. I stopped in my tracks when I see Stefan cutting garlic on the counter.

"Stefan what are you doing here?" I asked confused why he was here when Elena wasn't even home.

"I came here to cook" I sighed running my fingers through my hair.

"Elena isn't here so you don't need to-"

"I came here for you, I heard from Jeremy that you haven't been eating" He was right but I wasn't not eating on purpose I just never had the appetite.

"What do you want Stefan?" I said taking a seat on a stool at the island.

"I wanted to make you dinner and talk" he explained nonchalantly.

"Stefan-" I wanted to be alone.

"I want to tell you something, it's about me" he said meeting my eyes.