Unpleasentville

Chapter 15

"I got it!" I opened the door to see the pizza guy "Hi" I said and he smiled. His smile made me shiver for a second but I shook the bad feeling off.

"It's twenty-two dollars" he said handing me the pizza.

"Oh ok just one second. You can come in and wait" I said and ran up the stairs to Elena's room. "Sis I need money" she nodded and passed me her wallet. I ran back down the stairs.

"Nice home" the pizza guy said.

"Oh thanks and here is your money keep the change" I said smiling.

He smiled slightly and nodded "Have a good night"

"You too" I said and closed the door.

"Jeremy Pizza!" I heard my brother running to the kitchen making me laugh.

"Nina" I looked up and saw Elena standing at my bedroom door.

"Yeah what's up?" I said sitting in my bed.

"I need to talk to you" she said slowly.

"I see your worry line. Right there I see the vein popping right out!" I said jokingly.

"This is serious Nina" I sighed and nodded. The one time I joke around everything is suddenly serious.

She came to my bed and sat next to me. "Nina. I need to explain everything to you and it's not going to be easy"

I nodded "Say it already!"

"I'm- I'm adopted" My eyes widened and I shook my head.

"No" I said not believing a word.

"Yes" Elena's voice cracked.

"And-"

"No stop" I said putting my hand up. "You are my sister. I've lived with you my whole life"

"My real parents are Isabelle and uncle John" she said as her tears rolled down her pink cheeks.

"Uncle John?"

"Yes. Aunt Jenna knew everything and didn't tell me" she said angrily.

I frowned thinking she must of had he reasons. "Did you tell Jeremy?" She shook her head.

"I don't know what I would say"

"You have to tell him you can't keep secrets from him anymore" I said and she nodded understanding.

"I'm gonna go to the grill to meet up with Bonnie. You wanna come?" She asked standing up.

"No I'm gonna stay home and hang with Aunt Jenna she probably feels horrible" Elena rolled her eyes not even caring. "But, uh could you get some jewelry for my outfit" she nodded and went out.

I got up sighing "Who's idea was this whole dance?" I groaned and walked to the shower to get ready.

I rinsed my body and put in my rose smelling shampoo. Rinsing my hair I hear the sound of the door close. "Elena?" No answer. "Elena?" I called out again.

"Nina I'm gonna leave your stuff on your bed!" I sighed in relief.

"Ok thank you!" I turned off the water and stepped out the cold air hitting my body. I shiver wrapping the towel around my body.

"I hope you didn't use all the hot water" Elena smiled and I shook my head walking to my room.

I put on my dress and curled my hair. After I was ready I went to Elena's room to see her dressed in her outfit for the dance. "You look really pretty Lena" she smiled grabbing her scarf.