Founders Day

Chapter 25

Me and Elena arrived at the front of school where Mrs. Lockwood was setting up the founders day parade. The dress I wore was huge and made it look like I actually had some boobs. The waist was a bit tight but I liked it. "What do you think Stefan will think when he sees me?" Elena asked smiling. I chuckled and she really did look amazing.

"He will think that you look beautiful don't worry" She frowned and turned to me.

"Omg I look more like Katherine in this dress!" I looked my sister up and down and started laughing.

"Elena you do look like her and that dress makes you look like her more" I nodded and she wined. I rolled my eyes and took her hand in mine "Don't worry we both know Stefan loves you for who you are not that you look like Katherine" I said making her smile.

"Thanks sis" she squeezed my hand and looked to her left. There stood Stefan and Damon starring at both of us with wide eyes and open mouths. I felt my body heat up under Damon's stare. I looked away while Elena curtsied tilting her head a little to Damon and Stefan.

"I'm gonna go find Jeremy" I whispered to Elena. She knew about the big fight I had with Jer. He hasn't been talking to her either. I walked away and roamed the place when I found Jeremy dressed in his confederate costume. "Jeremy!" I ran up to him grabbing the front of my dress in my fists.  He didn't stop walking he actually had started to walk faster. "Jeremy wait!" I caught up to him but he didn't bother looking at me. "Jer please" I grabbed his shoulder and he stopped.

"Let go of me" he said and brushed my hand off his shoulder.

"Jeremy don't act like this please" Jeremy smirked.

"Ok than just have Damon erase my mind again" This isn't the Jeremy that I know. This isn't my brother. He's never acted this way towards me. 

"Jeremy I don't know what you're talking about please" I begged holding Jeremy's hand but he just pushed my hand away.

"No Nina things like this can't be fixed" he said and walked away from me. I sighed and blinked the tears in my eyes away.

After the founders day parade I went to The Grill with Stefan and Elena. "Are you avoiding me Little Gilbert?" I smiled and turned around to see Damon with his arms crossed against his chest.

"No?" I said slightly nervous.

"Well I don't wanna be the first one to say it but I liked it" he said rolling his eyes.

"Liked what?" I asked innocently.

Damon smirked "our little hot make out session" I gasped and slapped his shoulder.

"Damon your brother has great hearing senses too!" I whispered and Damon chuckled.

"I know that" Damon smiled.

"God you're such a jerk" I laughed.

"You looked really nice today" he blurted out.

"Hm really? I thought I looked weird" I said nervously.

"No trust me you weren't" he said smiling. Behind Damon I saw Jeremy sitting in one of the booths.

"Damon I gotta go talk to Jeremy" I said sighing "I'll see you later" Damon nodded and I walked past him. "Jeremy please don't be mad at me" I said sitting across from him.

"Nina go away" he said eating a fry.

"Please Jeremy everything I do is to protect you! You're my brother" I said. "Please Jer I can't fight with you"

"Nina shut the hell up" I felt pain in my heart as Jeremy got up from the seat and left. Tears came down my cheeks and I quickly wiped them. He's never going to forgive me.

I sat with Caroline and Matt at The Grill while everyone else was outside. Matt was glaring at Tyler, and Caroline was trying to start a conversation. I sighed watching as Caroline couldn't get Matt's attention away from Tyler who was playing pool. Mayor Lockwood was suddenly next to Tyler and was pulling his arm. Tyler yelled "Let go!" Me, Caroline and Matt jumped out of our seats and ran over to Tyler and Mayor Lockwood.

"Mayor is everything ok?" Caroline asked having a hand on Tyler.

I held on to Tyler's arm to calm him down. "Ty are you ok?" I asked and he nodded.

"Please I need you guys to leave I can't explain it now but you guys must go home" Mr. Lockwood said frantically.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I can't explain please, look Tyler here's my keys take your friends somewhere far" Tyler nodded and put the pool stick down.

"Come one guys" he said grabbing my hand.

"No I can't go I have to find Elena"

"No my dad said-"

"Ty I have to find my sister" Tyler nodded and left in a hurry with Caroline and Matt.

I ran outside and looked around. At the side walk I saw Elena and Stefan. Stefan is on the ground with his head in his hands. "Elena!" Elena looks up with wide eyes.

"Oh my god, thank god Nina!" Elena thanked her voice shaking.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked.

"The invention was activated" I gasped when a hand when to my shoulder.

I turned and saw Alaric "Alright I got him I got him" Mr. Saltzman picked up Stefan and dragged him to an alley behind The Grill.

"Stefan are you ok?" I asked and he shook his head.

"It's like I'm being stabbed in the head repeatedly" I gasped when I realized Damon is no where in sight.

"Where's Damon?!" I asked and Elena's eyes grew wide. "Elena where is Damon?"

"I-I-" Elena started crying.

"Oh god-" I stood up and ran. "Damon please where are you?!" I saw Uncle John smirking as he left a building. I ran towards him worried but he didn't have a kind look like usual.

He laughed "I'm sorry Nina but your boyfriend will be rotting in hell"

I gasped as I looked at smoke which came from the building. I tried to run past him but he caught my arm holding me tight, I winced at the pain. "Let go of me!" I swung my arm back and punched with all my force. Uncle John groaned and fell to his knees. I ran right past him and into the building. The door that had smoke coming from under it . I grabbed on to the door knob and winced at the heat which burnt my hand. I heard screams from inside "Damon!" I opened the door by grabbing the burning hot knob and swinging it open.

"Damon!!" I screamed. I heard groaning and so I ran down the stairs. I saw many bodies laying on the ground already caught on fire and one of them was Anna. "Oh god" feeling bad for the girl. 

"Nina?" I heard groaning and I looked to my left to see Damon laying in his back.

"Damon!" I ran to his side and grabbed his arm.

"What are you doing here?!" He asked angrily.

I coughed violently and Damon got up with all his strength. I was still on the floor. I couldn't breath but strong arms picked me up. I looked to see Stefan "You're too reckless!" I nodded and all three of us ran up the stairs.

I fell to the ground and Elena ran to hug me. Damon was being held up by Stefan. "Are you guys ok?" Elena asked and Stefan nodded.

Damon gathered all his strength and came over to me. He hugged me weakly "You idiot" I cried and cried as I hugged Damon with all my strength. Thank god that was over and we were all safe.

OK THATS A WRAP! Omg I can't believe I have finished with the first season! Thank you to all my readers for following along. Now that I'am finally done I will be starting on the second season can't wait !