Under Control

Chapter 21

Ever since last night Elena has been bugging me about what happened. She is upset that I gave my blood to Stefan, but also thankful that I did. I don't know how I can face Stefan. I walked down the stairs to see Elena, aunt Jenna, and Uncle John. I smiled from ear to ear "Uncle John!" When he saw me he gave me a wide smile. I hugged him tightly "what are you doing here?" I asked excited to see he had luggage with him. I hadn't seen him since my parent's funeral.

"Well I was in town for some business and I wanted to stop by" I smiled and looked at Elena who didn't look happy at all that uncle John was here.

"How long are you staying?" Elena asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"Um I don't know yet-" He answered.

"Ok well me and Nina have to get to school, don't wanna be late" Elena grabbed my arm. I turned back to Uncle John and say bye. After being dragged out of the house Elena huffed and puffed seeming annoyed. Elena wouldn't even say a word about uncle john during the whole ride to school. "I'll see you later" She said and walked off with out saying another word.

Standing by my locker lost in my thoughts a shadow appeared at my side causing me to jump. "Woah Nina you ok?" Matt put a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh sorry Matt, I'm just a little jumpy today" Ever since our little trip to save Stefan, I've been more on edge recently.

"So I heard your unlce John is in town" He changed the topic which I silently thanked.

"Yea I've missed him, but I guess not a lot of people have" Uncle John is a cool guy never seen a bad side of him, but Elena has never really liked him. "Elena hates uncle John, Jenna hates his guts, and so does Jeremy. Every time I ask why, they try and change the subject" I said pushing my hair behind my ear.

"But hey if you need to talk to anyone I'm here for ya" Matt smiled slightly.

"Thank you but you've been through enough" Matt sighed closing his locker "I don't want you to deal with my problems too" he nodded.

The door bell rang at the front door and I looked at Jeremy who sat next to me. "Who is that?" Jenna asked I groaned and got up from the warmth of the coach.

"Stefan?" I stepped back from the door slightly and Stefan noticed.

"Can I talk to you?" He asks me. I sighed knowing I couldn't avoid him forever. "I'm sorry I haven't talked to you in a while, its just that I needed to be away for a little bit"

"You mean away from blood" I stated rudely. He said nothing but agreed with a nod. "I'm sorry Stefan that was rude you didn't deserve that" I should have never snapped at him, Stefan never meant to do anything to harm me. He would never purposely hurt me.

"Yes I did. I shouldn't have went all-"

"Vampire crazy" I said smiling at him.

"Yes Vampire crazy" Stefan smiled.

"Stefan you went Vampire crazy on that crazy vampire's ass" I hissed like a vampire making my self laugh. He agreed chuckling.

"I'm sorry you had to see that" he said going all serious again.

"It's fine Stefan all of us have those, not so fine moments in our lives" he looked confused "That was just one of your not so fine moments"

"Thank you Nina" he smiled.

"You're welcome Stef" I smiled "Go see Elena she is probably worried sick"

"Hey wake up" I felt my bed tilt slightly. "Wake up I gotta tell you something" I groaned as I opened my eyes . Elena sat at the edge of my bed with a bed head and still in her pajamas.