Friday Night Bites

Chapter Four

Bonnie gave me and Elena a ride again today and the whole ride I could tell something was up. "Bonnie is there something wrong?" Elena asked as we got out of the car.

"No nothings wrong, why?"

I looked at Elena and knew she didn't buy the fake smile either and we both said, "Tell us now."

"Stefan." Bonnie began her eyes looking to the floor.

"What do you mean Stefan?"

"You hate him," Elena sighed sadly.

Bonnie shook her head and sighed, "I have this feeling. "Elena rolled her eyes.

"Really Bon-" Elena sounded irritated.

"Elena listen to her first, she has her reasons." I knew Elena didn't want to hear anything bad about Stefan but she hardly even knows him. None of us do.

I nodded towards Bonnie to continue earning a thank you and a smile. "Look, when I touched Stefan I got this weird feeling...like really weird"

Elena sighed, "Continue."

I rolled my eyes at Elena and turned to Bonnie, "Look this is me being concerned for my best friend."

"And I love you for that but if you knew him like I do you would think otherwise. He makes me feel good Bonnie."

"Ok, I know, lets just get to class."

"Elena," we all turned to see Stefan smiling behind us. I heard Bonnie sigh and me being a good friend thought of a way to get her away.

"Hey Stefan really nice to see you but Bonnie and I have to find Caroline, so, bye!" I grabbed Bonnie's arm and started to walk away with a smiling Bonnie.

"This is why I love you!" I smiled and shrugged.

"Doesn't everyone?"

***

I walked to the bleachers to watch Elena and Bonnie get warmed up for cheer. When I heard someone walked up to me. I looked up and blocked the sun with my hands. "Hey, Stefan," I smiled he sat next to me.

"Hey are you here to watch Elena?" I nodded and he looked out to the field watching football practice. I stared at him, he looked sad and interested at the same time.

"Hey Stefan?"

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you try out for football?" he smiled looking right back to me.

"That's not going to work out." Stefan shook his head.

"Why? Are you really bad at it?" I asked.

He shook his head, "I'm actually really good."

"Can I ask why then?" He nodded, chuckling. "Why, Mr. Salvatore? Why aren't you trying out for the team?" He looked surprised and smiled.

"Because I proved Mr. Tanner wrong and he is the football coach."

I laughed hard holding my stomach "Stefan don't you know not to mess with Mr. Tanner!" He shook his head laughing.

"I'm sorry, no one told me not to prove the most meanest teacher here wrong."

"That's your problem but I can make him change his mind if you want?"

He looked amused and asked, "And how will you do that?" I smiled mischievously at him.

"You just watch," I smiled and got up, he grabbed my hand suddenly making me look down. He stood up next to me looking down at me.

"I'm coming with you." I looked confused.