Miss Mystic Falls

Chapter 22

I went to meet up with Elena after class but I couldn't find her so I decided to wait at the front of the school. "Hey sorry I made you wait" Elena came to my side faking a slight smile "did you see that Bonnie's back?"

I shook my head "Is she the reason why you look so down?" She walked by my side at a slow pace.

"She didnt call or text me after I told her the spell she and her grandmother did didn't work" Elena looked at me with sad eyes. Her and Bonnie have been friends for years and with all of this craziness it feels like their friendship is fragile.

"She probably needed some time Elena, shes going through the same thing we went through and we literally were wiped off the face of the earth for two weeks" I explained to her.

"Yea you're right" she said sighing. "Oh and I just remembered that me and you signed up for Miss Mystic Falls" she said smiling sarcastically.

"What! are you serious? I remember how mom had made me sign up and Caroline made you sign up" I rolled my eyes.

"We have to do it, we are part are the founding families" Elena was right we couldn't just quit because our lives have been turned upside down. Wait? Can't we?

After rehearsal for the Miss Mystic Falls dance me and Elena went home to get ready. The whole time we practice Matt couldn't stop staring at Elena and glaring at Stefan. I find one guy to dance with and he's staring at my sister like she's the only girl in the room. "I got it!" the door bell rang and I ran down stairs with my dress in my hand. I smiled when I saw Alaric at the door "Hey"

"Hi" he smiled back.

"I heard that you're driving " I stated.

"Yeah, I'am." he walked in and closed the door "So um how's Stefan. I know I shouldn't be asking you this but-" he asked nervously.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well he seems on edge."

I sighed nodding "He went through a lot. He was in bad shape. But, he's getting better" I explained.

"I'm ready lets get going" Jenna said coming down with Elena.

"Hey where are you guys going I thought I was driving?" Uncle John asked.

Jenna frowned "We are going with rick" she said passing him "Jeremy can ride with you" He frowned. Why do they have to be so mean.

I kissed uncle John's cheek "We will see you there ok? Don't be late" I smiled. He nodded back with a smile and we left.

Jenna was curling my hair and Elena was doing her own make up. "Thank you Jenna"

"You're welcome just don't get mad if I eventually burn your hair off kay?" I laughed and so did she.

"Ok I should go put my dress on. Be careful with that thing. Don't hurt anybody" I said smiling hearing a laugh from Elena.

I walked into the dressing room to find Amber one of the other contestants freaking out. " Are you ok, Amber?"

"I hate being the center of attention, I get panic attacks" She said fiddling with her fingers.

"Do you want me to help you? I have some tricks to help you calm down" I said smiling "I've gone through one to many panic attacks trust me"

"Actually I'm just gonna go get some air" she said taking big breaths "Yeah I'm gonna get some air" I nodded as she closed the door behind her.

I sighed and grabbed my dress from the chair. Holding it up to my body and smiling maybe this won't be so bad. I looked at the other body in the mirror which made me jump. "Hey, your not suppose to be back here" I said.