Let the Right One In

Chapter 20

"Why don't we just go kill the idiot who attacked us last night?" Damon of course picking the most violent way to solve problems.

"Because Damon if we kill him we will be having to go up against a whole house full of vampires that are older than us" Stefan said crossing his arms.

"Damon I can't believe you made a deal with her" I said standing next to Elena.

"It wasn't a deal. It was more like I help you, you help me kind of thing" Damon just finished cleaning the mess the attackers made. "But seriously it's not like it was my choice to help the vampire out. She's .... scary. But, she's gonna help me get Katherine back"

"of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process" Elena sighed after seeing my hurt expression. I have to work on keeping my feelings in. If everyone could tell what I was feeling I would never be free.

"You don't have to be rude about it" he said smirking his eyes roaming her body up and down.

"I woke up this morning to learn from my vampire boyfriend that the vampires from the tomb have been released. I think I earned to be able to be rude today." Elena said snapping at Damon.

"Ugh how long are you gonna blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" Damon said making Elena even more upset.

"Damon. Watch it" I said to him.

"I'm not blaming you, Damon" she said walking closer to him "I've excepted that you are a evil selfish psychopath with no redeeming qualities"

He sat down on the couch surprised by her statement "Ouch"

"Ok guys stop. We really need to figure out a plan. Stefan you have anything?" I asked trying to change the subject of Elena's vampire mother.

"No, but I'm hoping we can make one. Right Damon?" Stefan said but Damon ignored him and got up from his seat. He walked out upset and I think I know who caused it.

"Elena seriously. If we want him on our side you can't do that" I said and she just sighed.

"I know, I know I'm sorry. He just makes me so cranky" She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. 

"He makes everybody cranky" Stefan said hugging Elena.

"So what are we gonna do?" Elena asked.

"Me and Damon are gonna handle everything. I promise" he said kissing her forehead.

"And what about me and Nina?" She asked.

"What about you and Nina? You and Nina are going to stay home where it's safe" He is treating us like helpless humans. 

"Stefan we can't just stay still, we can help you and Damon" I said and he shook his head.

"I have Damon with me the selfish psychopath with no redeeming qualities, whats the worst that could happen?"

It was raining outside and thundering. The sound or lightening came to my ears and I shrieked. "Hey I brought blankets and popcorn to keep you busy" I smiled at Elena.

"Thanks sis. I'm sorry you have to deal with me" I said and she frowned.

"What are you talking about? Youre scared of thunder, there is nothing to be ashamed of " she said taking my hand. I've been scared of thunder for as long as I remember. When I was little I would crawl into my parents bed and sleep there. I felt so safe in their arms. Now I have Elena who knows every little thing about me. She protected me from the thunder.