Chapter four

What did she want? Why was she here if she doesn't even work here? Then the most frustrating question of all was how did she know we would even be there? As if reading my mind Lisa and Elle asked the same thing. I didn't really want to talk about it at all but then again we were alone in the steam room. With not a person in sight and most important, no Joshua Paul or Jack I knew I needed to speak about this now or I'd be driven insane.

"I need you both to promise me something, right now!" both of them nodded their promises. "You can't tell our husbands and I mean it. Joshua is only starting to relax now after five long years of looking over his shoulder." Lisa and Elle sat up straighter looking at me as if I had gone crazy and maybe I had but I really didn't want to be dragging up the past. It was hard enough to live through it back then and the last thing any of us needed was to bring that all back into our lives. Maybe we weren't going to have a choice but for now, we did.

"Isabella I understand what you're saying but girl, have you gone crazy!" It wasn't a question at all, as Elle said it more as a statement.

"Isabella I think Elle is right" I went to cut Lisa off but she held her hand up silencing me.

"Look, all I'm saying is we know what she is capable of and with her showing up out of the blue like this gives me a bad feeling that she is up to something!" listening to Lisa, I too agreed with what she was saying but that didn't mean I was going to go running home to tell Joshua.

"I understand you both; I really do, but look at it from my point of view. Yes I'm scared puzzled and even chilled to the bone as to why she turned up here today. Nevertheless, if she wanted to cause harm to anyone of us, she has had five years to do so and she hasn't. "Although I was trying to convince them that everything was going to be alright, I was also trying to convince myself because in all honesty, I knew whatever she was up to wasn't going to be in anyway good.

"I promise I won't say anything but only if you promise me that the first bit of trouble she causes, we tell them." Lisa said sternly. I was about to reply but Elle cut in.

"Also, if we see her hanging around or even popping up like she did today, then I'm telling Jack."

Knowing I didn't stand a chance against the two of them, I agreed whilst mentally stating only if you two are with me at the time. I knew what I was doing was totally wrong but what else could I do.

After a while we decided to leave the spa and go and get some lunch from somewhere else because as much as we tried to ignore the fact that Audrey was here, none of us could. She was back, but what she was back for was what was worrying me more than anything.

When we arrived home, we arrived to an empty house. I hated that empty feeling and I couldn't wait for them all to arrive home from the zoo. As if they had heard my pleads the front door swung open with a loud bang followed by squeals and screams. A big smile graced my face as my babies came running towards me excitedly for their hugs. Just as they reached me I was scooped up from behind and raised into the air so the kids couldn't reach me. Squealing Joshua tipped me a little so he could kiss me first while the kids screamed out in jealousy/annoyance.

"Dad she's our mum not yours and you cheated." The once silent house was back to its normal craziness and I loved it.

Elise tried to tell me everything about her day at the zoo but gave up when everyone kept interrupting her. Joshua could see this was upsetting her, so got up and distracted the little ones so Elise could have her time to tell me all about her day without the distractions from the little ones. Both Joshua and I worked wonderful as a team because he knew I never wanted any of my children to feel more love than the other because to me they were all equal. Elise gets upset the easiest when she can't say or do something because of the little ones and every time Joshua and I find a way to resolve it, so she doesn't feel left out or worse still, alone.

After Elise told me all about her day I was thrilled to see how much she had enjoyed herself. Bless her she even brought me back a fridge magnet to go along with all the other ones she had bought me from her days out. I started making snacks for everyone and before long it was bath time.

After everyone was bathed and put to bed, I laid down on the couch with Joshua as we did every night. It was precious times like this that I also loved. However, tonight I hated our quality time together, in the respect that I was keeping something from him and that something was the one thing I knew that could ruin us. We had made a promise that we would never keep anything from each other but I have never stopped feeling guilty for all the heartache and trouble I caused him. I made a promise to myself that the next time I see her, I was going to have it out with her so I could at least have some kind of idea what she wants or better still what she was up to.

Joshua kept asking if I was alright and as much as it was killing me not to tell him, I just couldn't bring myself to tell him. I knew in my heart that the minute I would tell him that I had seen Audrey we would be back to body guards as well as him not sleeping again. I loved Joshua too much to see him in pain again. Knowing it was due to me and my past once again, crushed me. I had to do this! I had to be strong and pretend today never happened. On that mental note I got up to go to bed. Joshua was right behind me as we both slipped into each of our baby's rooms to check on them before us ourselves settled down for the night.

Sleep didn't want to come, even with how exhausted I was. Audrey's face and words just kept popping into my head every time I closed my eyes. Joshua though was out like a light, I mentally laughed thinking how our precious ones had knocked him out cold. Looking at his gorgeous sleeping form I made a promise to myself that I was going to keep a close eye out for anything strange just to be on the safe side.

********************

What do you think Audrey is up to?

Do you think Isabella is doing the right thing by keeping this from Joshua?

Thank you so much for reading!!!!

I