Chapter 11

Lisa  

"Elle, do you think they will kill them?" Elle gave me a look, a look that said 'do you really have to ask me that question but answered me anyway.

"Lisa truthfully I hope they do. Look at her....just look at her. They did this to her. Isabella has never done anything to deserve this.....nothing. I thought this was over. The only thing Isabella ever did wrong was ever loving Jaxon and now ...now." Elle stopped, and as I looked up I could see she was as close to breaking point as we all were. Yet she has been the strongest throughout the entire morning. Elle was our brick to lean on. If she cracks there would be no hope for any of us.

I knew we should've told our husbands Audrey was back. Not telling them could've gotten Isabella killed. Thankfully, though Joshua had walked in just in time to stop them from harming Isabella yesterday. Though, he never caught them as they must've heard him and made a run for it. They were so fast at making their escape that Joshua and Jack didn't even get the chance to see who or how many of them there were.

Going by the mess of the place there was no way on earth it was just one person or even Audrey at that, not that she would do her own dirty work. Whoever did this made it clear it wasn't their first.

After cleaning up the house and settling the children into bed Jack Paul and I sat up talking trying to see what we could come up with to help Joshua and Isabella because there was no way on earth that we were going to sit back and do nothing to help our friends. We were there at the beginning and we were sure as hell going to stick together till the end. We were family, blood or not.

The only thing that scared me shitless was the children. They weren't old enough to understand exactly what was going on but Elise wasn't as naïve as she looked either and that's what worried me. You could tell last night that it had affected Elise more than the others just by the way she clung to her mother's side. Elise was a daddy's girl through and through but last night no amount of comforting from her daddy was going to put her little mind at ease.

As worried as we were for Isabella we all agreed that protecting the children were our first priority. Then we would deal with everything else. However, that was last night. After all, that's happened now, I guess our plans went out the window.

Now it was time to take matters into our own hands. The police have done nothing but make Isabella look like she belonged in a mental hospital. If I wasn't feeling so distraught I would've laughed because if they could see Isabella right now ...... I didn't even want to think along those lines. Oh god please helps us.' I silently prayed.

Hearing Elle screaming for me, I looked up to see Isabella's legs had finally given way. Seeing Isabella frantically fighting off Elle tore my heart in two. Panicking I froze. "What do I do?"

Watching Elle struggle to calm Isabella down was the worst thing ever. I wanted to slap her but the doctor had warned us not to do anything that could startle her as that could send her into a coma and that was the last thing I wanted.

"Just help me up she can't harm herself here on the grass. I just need to get out from under her so she can calm down." She shouted sobbing as Isabella continued to thrash her body against Elle. Bending down I carefully took hold of Elle's hand making sure I didn't touch Isabella and yanked as hard as I could until she was a safe distance away from Isabella.

Just as we cleared Isabella's raging fit the doctor arrived. 'About bloody time too I mentally yelled angrily. Although I really wanted to punch his lights out for taking so long to get here, I restrained myself.

"Oh, perfect timing if I do say so myself." The doctor said while smiling at us as if seeing this was the most natural thing in the world. Readying myself to punch him Elle squeezed my hand "No Lisa, please no more." Seeing Elle so exhausted/distraught I sunk back down knowing now was not the time. We had worse matters at hand to deal with without adding a doctor to it. Taking a breather I sat back and watched the doctor as he routed through his bag. At least he knew what he was doing because I have never felt so scared and hopeless in my life.

Joshua

We've been driving around for ages now and although we had managed to line up the hit men ready to move in on my command, something deep inside me was stopping me from making that final call. Paul and Jack hadn't said much but then again neither had I. The only words we had exchanged were names and addresses of people we knew who would be up for the job. Now though we were just driving with no destination in mind. I needed time to think clearly about what I was about to do. I knew in my heart this wasn't what Isabella would've wanted me to do but I was at my wit's end trying to come up with an alternative.

My little Bella could've died last night while her mummy and daddy slept just next door to her. So many thoughts ripped through my messed up head I'd even thought about packing the family up and moving the hell out of the country. Then I thought what good would that do because Audrey wasn't from the best of family's and knowing their reputation, they would have hit men on us within a day tops. This was so messed up that I hated to admit it but we were way out of our depts.

"How about we try your friend Jack from the FBI" Paul and Jack looked at me as if I'd lost the plot, which I have to say, It sure felt as if I had.

"Joshua I'm going to give it to you straight. Messing with Isabella was bad enough but messing with our children! Fuck I want to kill them myself." Jacks voice strained as he fought to keep his cool.

"I'm going to punch you two any minute I swear to god! Stop this act of that I'm all cool calm and collective." Paul said using his finger quotes whilst showing how we were all feeling. "We all want them locked up or better still dead and although I would rather we just drive up and kill them ourselves we have to think of our wife's and kids safety." Paul stopped but only to take a breather.

"I'll tell you what I think... Let's try the police once more and Jack you contact your FBI friend and if we don't like what they have to say then we make the call. OK! Now let's go." The sound of the engine starting and Paul's fist hitting the glove box I wasn't going to argue. Maybe this is what we needed, for one of us to blow up and come up with a plan of sorts for us to follow through with.

I hope you all enjoyed next update Thursday xxxx

Go on Paul you tell them haha

Lisa and Elle bless them it must be so hard to see their best friend like that.