Chapter 14

Sorry for making you all wait but I've got the flue and have been in bed for the past 2 weeks . I'm on steroids now so hopefully I will be back to normal very soon. I am going to update 2 chapters today I hope you will all enjoy

Mel xx

Joshua

It had been hours now and all I wanted to do was to go home but I knew that was the last place I could go right now. I had to fix this before anyone got hurt or worse still, killed. I tried calling home but no one was answering. Isabella had sounded high the last time I called and although I laughed at the thought of her putting the doctor through hell it wasn't funny. I knew it had to have been Isabella who disconnected the line but at the same time, I had a niggling feeling that maybe it was Audrey. Nevertheless, I stopped myself and put it down to my overprotective mind playing tricks on me. However, the more time that passed without hearing from Lisa, Elle or even the doctor the more paranoid I became. I had been driving Paul and Jack crazy for the past hour and finally, they were now trying to get through to Lisa and Elle.

I understood that they didn't want to worry them by calling but I couldn't stand the torment of not knowing if they were all ok. I needed to know they were safe and then I could relax just. Well, a little anyway. Seeing Pauls and Jacks face paling something in me snapped lashing out I began punching the back of the seats.

Not needing to say a word we were back on the road heading towards home. The car screeched as Paul who was now behind the wheel skidded around the corner at full speed. The car tipped to the side flinging me across the car. If I wasn't going out of my mind right now I would've killed him. Jack looked as if he was thinking the same as me but we both stayed silent just staring out the windshield.

Seeing my house in the not so far distance had the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end, as cold shivers ran through my entire body. As Paul swung the car into the drive it felt as if my heart was up in my mouth at the sight in front of me. The front door was no longer on its hinges but flat on the ground along with the door frame. Without hesitation, I was out of the car before it even had time to stop.

With my body sprawled over the drive, I leaped up running for the house. Taking the stairs two at a time I willed for my legs not to give way as I prayed that this wasn't happening. This had to be a nightmare and I was going to wake up any second now. However, that thought was short lived as I noticed blood smeared all over the stairs and floors leading up to Isabella's and I's bedroom. My blood ran cold. "NO" I screamed out whilst thinking of my worst fear. "ISABELLA......ISABELLA ANSWER ME BABY" I continued screaming as I continued to run.

I almost froze in fear of what I was going to walk in on. Adrenaline pumped through my body pushing my feet to move on. With my heart pounding my breaths came up short as I crashed into the room. Jack and Paul banged straight into me as I stopped frozen just inside the doorway.

Scanning the entire room I thought my heart was going to explode if not stop. "ISABELLA ...ISABELLA......" I scream frantically. "ANSWER ME WHERE ARE YOU, BABY, PLEASE ANSWER ME" I screamed hoping she would come out of her hiding spot or even hear her magical voice reply me. With no sight or sound from my love of my life, I buried my hands in my hair and screamed out in despair.

Not wanting to waste another second I ran to Lisa grabbing hold of her hysterical self "Where is she?" I asked well more like demanded but I was too far gone for niceness. Jack Paul even Elle pushed me back but not a second later Lisa was back and before I knew what was happening she grabbed hold of my hand and started dragging me down the stairs.

She was running so fast that even I was struggling to keep up with her. Hearing footsteps from behind I kept my face forward in hope that Lisa was taking me to my baby. It wasn't until Lisa and Elle started screaming that we all stopped.

"They've taken her"

"We've got to find her before they kill her"

"That's if she's not dead already" that was the doctor and before anyone had a chance to stop me I punched the doctor, knocking him out cold.

Lisa took hold of my shoulders and punched me to get my attention. She began rambling on and on. She was so hysterical I couldn't make out a word of what she was trying to tell me. I was about to shake her even slap her to snap her out of it but Elle stepped forward and began explaining everything as we all jumped into the car.

Paul was back behind the wheel whilst Jack was screaming into his phone. Me all I could do was sat there frozen there trying to take in everything Lisa and Elle were telling us. All I seemed to get was Audrey....bulky masked men.....and them torturing Isabella. All I could see was red. RED! I wanted them all dead now but worst of all I wanted to be the one to kill whoever had laid a hand on my Isabella. The car suddenly stopped flinging Lisa Elle and me into the back of the front seats.

"What the hell?" we shouted out in unison. Looking between Paul and Jacks horrified ghost-like faces my heart stopped. I knew that look. It's the same look I got when Jaxon had put Isabella into the hospital all those years ago. My blood ran cold as my body began to shake as fear sunk in. I was too late. Isabella was dead. Audrey had killed her.

"NO....NO....SHE CAN'T BE....PAUL, JACK" I questioned while begging them with my eyes to tell me I was wrong. I needed them to tell me my Isabella had been found and is going to be alright but the intense silence wasn't giving me the reassurance I needed. Jumping out of the car I pulled Paul out and jumped into the driver's seat. She was alive I could feel it in my bones. I could still feel her in my heart she may be hurt but she was alive. "Just tell me where?" I screamed not caring who or even where I had to go. This was my wife, the love of my life, my baby's mama.