Chapter six

Trying to open the door with my trembling hands I was near on ready just to smash the god damn window. However, I managed to get the door opened. Jumping in, locking it quickly I spun out of the car park. Putting my foot to the floor, I drove like a maniac the entire way home.

Pulling into our drive I cut the engine and ran into the house making sure I locked the door securely behind me. As if my body was on auto pilot I began running around the house making sure every window and door was locked up good and proper.

As soon as I knew the house was secure, I dropped to the floor and cried. My body began shaking so violently that I had to curl my body up into a tight ball to try and stop it. Curled up like that brought me back to the most horrifying night of my life, the night I will forever be haunted by. The night that started all of this!

As I started to relive the past, her words rang through my head sending me deeper and deeper into my horrifying past. Opening my mouth I screamed out with all my might in hope that it would help relieve my pounding head. However, all it did was made me dizzy and breathless. I battled with myself on what I was going to do but with her words still running through my head and knowing she was going to kill me, I couldn't think straight let alone breathe.

The doorbell rang sending my already terrified trembling body into overdrive. On panicked instinct, I ran up to Joshua's and my bedroom and locked myself in my walk in closet, as it was the only door inside the house that locked. Shaking, I clutched hold of the door handle with both hands. The bell carried on ringing throughout the house. As the ringing stopped, the banging started. Then all of a sudden it silenced. After some time, I sunk down and sat on the floor and prayed with all my heart and soul that whoever it was had left. However, nobody seemed to have heard my desperate prayers because the silence was broken by an almighty crashing sound from downstairs. Covering my ears with my hands I began rocking myself back and forth as I buried myself in-between Joshua's and my clothes. Burying my head into Joshua's top I willed for him to come home to save me.

He is usually at home with me but for the last couple of weeks he has had to go into the club as he has purchased a new one and had to finalise all the paper work and building alterations.

WHY NOW?

WHY IS THIS ALL HAPPENING TO ME?

I mentally screamed.

WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO DESERVE THIS?

WHY THE FECK DID I EVER GO OUT WITH JAXON!

Even with my hands covering my ears I could still hear The crashes and banging as well as the heavy footsteps of not just one person but a few. Whilst clenching my eyes shut, the tears still manged to stream freely down my face. There was nothing I could do. There was nowhere for me to run. This was it. This is was what Jaxon had wanted and although I knew that I wouldn't be able to escape this time, I tried to ready myself the best I could for what was about to come.

I knew I was going to die, however that didn't scare me half as much as leaving Joshua and my children did. I loved my children and Joshua more than life itself and although I knew they would be heartbroken, I began to think that maybe this would be all for the best. With me dead their lives would no longer be put in any danger. I had already made sure that Elisa will be fully taken care of if anything happened to me. I had put Joshua's name down on her birth certificate as her blood father but just encase Jaxon or anyone else tried to protest against it, I also wrote out a will to state that I give all rights of Elisa over to Joshua.

On that thought I gathered enough strength to lower my hands from my ears. Moving forward I placed my ear against the door to see if I could hear if they were anywhere near me but as soon as I heard the pounding feet on the staircase, I held my breath and covered my ears. It was as if the little bit of strength and courage I'd mustered up, disappeared a lot quicker than it was to gather. I didn't want to die. Call me self-fish, but I wanted to live. I wanted to be there not only for my children but Joshua too. We had so much to look forward too. All the hopes of our future dreams that we still had yet to live and experience laid in the hands of Audrey and that really made my blood boil.

'Please don't kill me now, please! At least let me see my babies one more time. Let me tell them how much I love them. Let me hold and kiss them one more time.' Thinking of my babies made me cry harder and it was becoming impossible for me to keep quite but knowing my life depended on it I smothered my face with Joshua's top. My head became light as my teary eyes began to darken. Struggling to keep alert, I fought against the darkness that was trying to overtake me but before long I could no longer fight it off. Feeling defeated I welcomed the darkness to take over me.

At least I won't have to see what was coming for me, was my last thought before I finally welcomed the darkness.

I don't know how long I was out for but as I started coming around I went to stretch but stopped myself as my mind flooded with images of what happened before I passed out. Keeping as still as possible I kept my eyes t closed as I tried to steady my panicked breathing. The feeling of softness beneath me let me know that I was no longer locked up in the safety of my walk in closet and that scared the hell out of me.

Where was I? Who was it? Did I still have my clothes on? Whose bed was I in? Slowly I slipped my hand over my mid riff and was relieved to know that I still had my clothes on. I didn't feel sore anywhere. Maybe she hadn't begun the torture she had so honourably promised. Then again she did say she wanted to hear me pleading for my life which she couldn't of if I was already passed out, I thought to myself.

Lying there, wondering what I was going to do next a hand took hold of mine making me scream and leap out of the bed. I tried running but a set of hands wrapped themselves around my waist preventing me from escaping. Screaming out I couldn't hear what the person was saying. I was more determined in getting out of here. I kicked and screamed whilst keeping my eyes tightly closed. Next thing I knew I was drowned in ice cold water. My eyes sprung open and my mouth closed to silence my screams, as I stood frozen, soaked and shocked. Seeing who was standing there right in front of me I reached out and hugged her tighter than ever before. The hands from around my waist, never loosened but moved forward right along with me.

I cried and cried into the safety of Elle's chest. Hearing Joshua's soothing words in my ear I knew it was his hands that were holding me up. Turning around I buried myself into his body. Although I didn't want to feel this weak for the life of me I couldn't stop how I was feeling. The reality that Audrey was back had finally hit me, hit me hard! And knowing that she was back to fulfil Jaxon's dying wish, sent shivers along with fear throughout my entire body.

I tried to tell Joshua through my hysterical sobs what had happened but even to my own ears my words weren't making any sense. While a warm blanket was placed around me Joshua picked me up and began walking. Where we were going, I hadn't a clue but I was feeling too tired and weak to even open my eyes let alone questioned him. I held onto his body in a death grip, not wanting to give him any chance to leave me alone, as I continued to cry. I could hear Elle and who I guess was Jack arguing in the background. Their screaming match was starting to even upset the children. Pulling my body up I screamed for everyone to SHUT UP, which amazingly they all did almost instantly.

"Isabella. Paul and I are going to take the children back to our house." Before she or anyone else could say another word, I was out of Joshua's arms.

"No one is taking my children anywhere. DO YOU HEAR ME! They are staying right here with me and that's it!" and with saying that, I was running towards my children. Once I reached them, they all ran and hug me from every angle. Bella was in my arms while our twins Leanthony and Lilly held on to my legs, as they always seemed to do. Elise was hugging me from the back while Josh hugged me from the front. These were my babies all five of them and they loved me just as much as I loved them.