Chapter 7

It hurt me to know; that they could sense something was up, how did I know? Well not one of them had said a single word, not even Bella. Bella was one of those children that never stopped chatting, not for nothing. My heart broke as they hugged me. The love we shared right that second could have filled the world ten times over. Tears were dying to escape my eyes yet again but I swallowed them back. I never wanted my children to see me cry. I didn't want them to see how terrified I really was. So much was happening so fast. The only thoughts filling my head were how I was going to protect them from what was coming. What was I going to do now? What had Audrey planned to do next? Then it hit me like a slap in the face. Who was it that broke down through my front door?

Standing up I walked towards the kitchen whilst still managing to hold onto all of my babies. Joshua stood alongside me as I settled the children into their seats. Once they were all seated I began making a quick snack for everyone. The silence was almost deafening. I hated it. I wanted to scream out but I knew that I had to give everyone time even myself. Joshua glued himself to my side as if waiting for me to collapse at any moment. Elise came and stood to my other side and although she was only six years old, I knew she knew how I was feeling more than any single person in the room. Without a word she gave me a small but heart melting smile and then started to help me make the snacks.

Joshua made drinks whilst Lisa Elle even Jack and Paul all started helping as we made a feast of snacks. A single giggle broke the silence in the kitchen, I didn't have to look up to know it was Bella and before long the entire room laughed as Bella stood on top of the dining table dancing rather improperly for a two year old. However, just seeing the smiles back on all my babies' faces was enough for me to keep my mouth shut and not scold her for her behaviour and in all honesty, she did looked hilarious.

A big smile graced my face. This is all I ever wanted, a happy home for all of us. Which is exactly what we've had for the past five years and I wasn't about to lay back and watch let alone let anyone destroy our happy home. If Audrey was going to attack and destroy not only me but my family as well then I was going to come up with something to stop her before she even had a chance to begin!

'Mark my words Audrey! You're going to lose because however much I fear you my love for my family is stronger and girl you are going to regret ever messing with me. Yes I left you go the first time round but now it's no longer just revenge on your behalf but mine! And so god help me I will fight you till the end!' On that high thought I jumped up onto the table dragging Elise along with me as we joined Bella dancing on the table top. Everyone but Joshua laughed as he tried to give me a stern look but the burning lust in his eyes only encouraged me to wiggle my hips all the more. However, I guess I pushed him a little too far because before I knew it he had me up in the air and began running out of the kitchen leaving all the kids whining while the adults laughed at Joshua's behaviour. It thrilled me to the core to know I could still get that reaction from my husband after so many years. Just that little reaction from him proved to me that we were meant to be together. We were soul mates and I will fight all that tries to come between us. Whether it will be Audrey or anyone else for that matter, our love is pure and as they say love can conquer all and all it will, by god it has to.

The night went by in a flash and as usual everyone ended up staying the night. I didn't mind though because I loved when the house was full. I knew everyone was dying to ask me more questions but thankfully no one did. However, the minute we were in bed Joshua asked. As much as I wanted to put it off I knew in my heart that if I was going to get through this alive, I was going to need all the help I could get even if it meant worrying everyone.

After catching him up on everything that had happened since the first day Audrey re-entered our lives up to today at the mall. I was expecting Joshua to be mad; livid even what I didn't expect was his next question.

"Jaxon is dead but how? We haven't given the go ahead yet, we were waiting our time." Nevertheless his simple questioning words whether they were meant for me to hear or not was about the only words I really wanted to hear. Knowing he wasn't behind Jason's death relieved me. Yes I wanted him dead but I didn't want Joshua Paul or Jack to be involved in his death. I loved them all too much, to see them suffer or worse still, locked up because of me. Speaking my thoughts aloud I asked "If you all had nothing to do with his death then who does and why the hell is Audrey coming after me?" Joshua leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry we will find out but for now let's just rest and tomorrow we can look into everything more clearly. Isabella I know how you hate having the extra security around but right now, I really don't care because I can't take any chances of losing you. You are my life. I love you so much that if anything was to ever happened to you... it would not only fill me with guilt that I wasn't able to protect you but it would break me as a person. I can't even begin to imagine what it would do to me if anything happened to you." Joshua closed his eyes and shook his head as if to rid himself of them thoughts.

"Isabella five years ago when I saw you lying in that hospital bed fighting for your life it completely crushed me and I didn't know you like I do now. Yes I was attracted to you and even felt a strong longing to be with you but now my life....my life is with you and our precious children that we have brought into this world." My heart melted as my stomached fluttered wildly by his heart warming words. I was too choked up by his words to say anything.

" I made a promise to myself that night, that I would never let anyone ever harm you again, even if you didn't except me into your life as you boyfriend. If you hadn't have told me today that could have happened and as much as I am mad as hell at you right now that you kept this from me, I'm just relieved that you are safe. You have to promise me Isabella that you will never ever keep anything from me again and I mean it because next time I won't let it go so easily." I wanted to tell him how sorry I was and I too loved him and that I will never ever keep anything from him again but feeling so emotional all I could do was crash my lips against his and hope that he would feel all my love for him as well as how truly sorry I really was.

The kiss was so passionate that I knew we weren't going to stop anytime soon. Feeling the tenseness of my body unwinding like a tightly coiled spring, I sunk into the bed and left the pleasure take over. Joshua always knew how to please and tease me but right now he was blowing my mind.