Chapter 19

Josh

We had managed to escape slightly injured but at least we were alive. Best of all we managed to get the information we came for. Isabella's whereabouts. Although it took a lot to get the information we needed I was just happy we got it. However, now knowing exactly where Isabella is being held I feared more for her safety let alone her life. Although I knew of gangs and the wild crazy stuff that went on in the world, I never in my life thought I would end up smack in the middle of it. In my heart, I dreaded knowing we were going up against men and women who gained pleasure out of killing. Stopping brawls on a Friday night in the club would be nothing compared to what was ahead of us. However, this was my wife's life they were playing with!

I didn't want Paul or Jack coming with me but at the same time, I had no one else I trusted enough to have my back. Knowing they had their wife's and children waiting for them at home as well as my own children I knew I was being selfish. However, I really didn't think I had any other option. I still had to ask them and although I knew they were always there for me, I wasn't so sure that they would be this time.

"Josh spit it out" Jack shouted. Snapping my head up I noticed that the both of them were staring at me as if I had done something wrong. "What?" I questioned trying to buy more time on how to ask them. "Look we have been talking to a brick wall for God knows how long and the way your face scrunched up along with you zoning out on us it doesn't take Einstein to know that something more than Isabella is on your mind." With both of their eyes glued to me, I thought sod it I'm just going to come straight out with it.

"Ok, here it goes" I mumbled "Hmmm......oh.....hmmmm." I knew what I wanted to say but I couldn't form the words for the life of me. This wasn't me asking them to work an extra shift or even clean out the cellar this was me asking them to risk their lives. "Josh spit it out now or I'm going to slap it out of you boss or not!" mumbling to myself I managed to pull myself together. "Will you come with me to get Isabella? before you both answer I know I'm asking a hell of a lot but seriously I wouldn't ask if I had any way of doing this without you both. The FBI, the police everyone has just been letting us down and I cant afford" not wanting to hear their answers knowing it was a 50/50 chance I began rambling on until I got slapped in the head from both sides. Holding my stinging face I hadn't realized I was crying until I felt my cheeks soaking wet.

"Thank god that shut him up," Paul whispered but I heard him loud and clear. "Josh we are family. The way I see it family always sticks together no matter what. Yes this is more than likely not going to be easy but life has never been easy for us isn't that right Jack?" shifting my gaze to Jack, Jack began nodding his head. "Pauls right but we're not going to go in blind or alone. While you were zoning out we have been calling in all our owed favors." Hearing this made me realize there was no one on this earth like these two. They were rarer then diamonds and they were family. Wiping my face I hugged them both whilst continuously thanking them.

"Now we have a lot to do but before we head off we need to go and see our wifes and children you included. Apparently, Elise is not doing so well." Hearing my eldest daughter's name I felt guilty for not being there for my babies. Not only had their mother disappeared but I had left them too.

"I agree let's go" as soon as the words were out of my mouth we were back on the road.

My mind rushed to my babies and I suddenly felt guilt like never before. Although I knew Lisa, Elle even my mother were there with them it still hit me like as truck. With everything that has been happening they needed their mother and father the most right now and I hadn't been there for them. I knew it wasn't entirely my fault and it couldn't of been helped but it just angered me all the more  that even with Jaxon dead he still managed to try  and ruin my family.

*****

What do you think is going to happen?

Do you think Joshua should feel guilty leaving his kids or do you think he had done right by going to find Isabella?

please let me know as I'm dying to know your points on this:)

The story is slowly coming to an end and sadly I have to say as much as I hate it ending I'm looking forward to all your comments.

I hope you enjoyed

Much love Mel xx