Chapter 20

Isabella

Whilst every second felt like minutes and minute's hours, by the time I heard the doorknob moving it had felt like years. My nerves were shot and to say I was scared was an understatement but knowing my life couldn't get any worse I was willing to try anything and everything possible. The nurse had given me hope and that was something I hadn't had in so long.

The door opened up and there standing before me was a man I had never seen before but by the way, he held himself I could tell he wasn't someone to mess with. However, as he strode across the room I suddenly felt safe. Why? I hadn't a clue because deep down I knew I should've been freaking out but there was just something in the way he moved that told me he wasn't here to hurt me.

"Put these on," he said well-ordered. However, as he turned his back to me so he couldn't see my naked self I followed his instructions. Once dressed, I reached out with a shaky hand and tapped his arm letting him know I was done. "Follow me" were the only words he spoke before he took hold of my arm and slowly pulled me behind him as we left out the door.

Sweat ran down my face with a mixture of pain and fear. So far we hadn't seen one person in sight, which strangely worried me when in all reality I should've been pleased but something was telling me this wasn't going to end as well as I was hoping. I could feel it in my bones. His gripped tightened before he pushed me into a small crook in the wall between two doors. Luckily for me, it was set back enough for me to slip back without being seen. Thankfully the hallways were very badly lit which gave me a better chance of going unnoticed. Sinking down a little I heard voices rising as they came closer. Closing my eyes I hoped and prayed that they would just carry on walking as the man who came for me had. Hearing their footsteps closing in on me I felt as if I was going to faint. This was too much. Not knowing who my rescuer was or even if that he was my rescuer as well as the men approaching I felt so light-headed I willed myself to keep focus on keeping myself from toppling over. I didn't want to trigger my capture not now not ever. I had to be strong just till I got out of here.

' Isabella come on hang in there a little bit longer. You're strong' I chanted to myself as if the words would give me the strength and courage I so desperately needed. Covering my mouth I held my breath as I heard the footsteps halt just to my left or was it my right I had no clue but the silence was deafening. Trying desperately to silence sobs wracking through my trembling body two gunshots fired. Screaming out I forgot about being silent and jumped up. Ignoring the excoriating pain throughout my body I ran. Where to I hadn't a clue but I couldn't stand there another second.

For the first time since forever fate seemed to be on my side. Just as I came to a dead end the man from my room held a finger over his mouth. Silencing myself he nodded towards a big metal caging which covered the entire window. Looking at it I thought to myself is he for real? What did he expect to do jump through it, break it, he would need a bloody army I thought but before I could speak my thoughts aloud a big mighty machine gripped onto the iron caging ripping it off along with the window and apart of the wall. As he pulled me nearer to the now massive whole my head spun noticing how high up we were. This man was crazy if he thinks I was going to jump.

'Yes, I wanted out of here but preferably in one piece.' without any warning, he took a few steps backward dragging me with him and then he was gone running and leaping into the air with me right there along with him. Clenching my mouth and eyes shut I felt the wind whip my face before we were free falling. My stomach was up in my mouth as my heart pounded so hard I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Bile rose up my throat and just when I thought I was going to puke my body jolted to a floating stop. Opening my eyes it was only then did I noticed that we had never been in any danger jumping out of that window. It was only now that my eyes were opened did I notice this man had had on a parachute. Relaxing my tense body I slowly managed to get my erratic heart to slow down a bit.

"Isabella are you ok?" although I heard him my brain and mouth had lost all communication. For the love of me, I couldn't even nod. "We're just there. Not long now and you'll be safe ok." With my head flopping back I looked up until our eyes met and managed to blink to let him know that I understood.

Hanging lifelessly my body almost numb feeling the pain that shot through me seemed to be the only thing keeping me there in the moment. The eerie silence suddenly exploded with loud explosions followed by shots being fired. I tried looking behind but with my back now flat against his chest and his arm holding me firmly in place the loud horrifying noises is all I heard.

Not being able to see frustrated me but at the same time petrified me. Nothing had surrounded the building they had held me captured in and I desperately wanted to see it crumble, just as it had crumbled me! Anxiously I just hoped that we were far enough away not to get hit by the explosion or worse still a straying bullet.

My only thought in that moment was I hoped they were all dead well except the nurse that is.

I hope you all enjoyed

Next update Wednesday

Much love Mel xxx