Part 10

Seeing him all tensed Shruthi came and stood beside him.

"Kittu"

"Come, let's go" saying that Krishna took his bike keys.

"Where to? Why are you so tensed ?" asked Shruthi.

"Come, I will tell you."

Within 15 minutes, they reached to hospital where Suma has been working. Krishna got a call from Karuna half an hour back that his father's health was not good and the doctors in their town suggested them to take him to Mumbai. Karuna along with Venkat's friend who is also their neighbor started to Mumbai. When they reached the outskirts of the city Karuna called Krishna and informed him the condition of Venkat, he immediately told the address of City hospital and informed Suma to take care of them. Luckily she went to hospital early that day to check on her patient. She took care of him while Krishna was on his way to hospital.

Shruthi was so sad seeing Venkat's condition. She was crying uncontrollably, Krishna is not any better he was devasted seeing his father lying on hospital bed. It pained him so much to see his father in hospital and that too in such a critical condition.

Even after two days, there was no improvement in Venkat's health condition. These days Krishna and Shruthi didn't had anything as they were so occupied with the fear of losing the only parent for both of them.

On third day, Krishna father expired. Krishna and Shruthi was shocked when the doctor revealed this news to them. He didn't knew that his father's health was not stable from the past few months and was taking treatment without anyone's knowledge.

He started to feel guilty for leaving his father in their town. Later, the funeral was conducted in their town. After everything was taken care, that night Krishna went to his father's room ,he took their family photo from the wall and started crying his heart out sitting on the floor. He missed his father so much in those 8 years when he was away, finally when he was waiting for his father to come and live with him but god separated his father from them.

When he was remembering his childhood days with his parents, the door opened suddenly; he wiped his tears away and looked up to see Shruthi standing there crying. She silently came and sat beside him. They both looked at the photo which was taken when Jyoti was alive. Shruthi hugged him tightly and started sobbing. He controlled himself but failed to restrain the tears from falling down his eyes.

It has been 2 months since that fateful day. Both Krishna and Shruthi were still mourning, all the childishness left her while Krishna became a workaholic. She was depressed, Krishna also lost his original self too and became a bit more arrogant. He is behaving like the way he used you behave 8 yrs before.He tried to stay strong for Shruthi but he couldn't bring himself to do that. Krishna tried to console her few times but whenever she saw him she used to cry more which made Krishna more sad. Slowly he started avoiding her and immersed himself in office work which made Shruthi feel more lonely.

Initially , Karuna stayed with them for few weeks, later her son came and took her with him. After Karuna left with her son, Shruthi's condition became worst. Though Suma was there for Shruthi to share her sorrow but Shruthi always expected Krishna to share her sadness, she craved for his attention all the more now. She tried to talk with Krishna but he always ignored her. Whenever, she tried to initiate a conversation, his answers were just monosyllables. Krishna used to spend most his days at office and came home late. Sometimes he comes homes early but will continue working on his laptop till mid-night.

Daily she would cook food for him and pack his lunch. Then she used to spend some time with Sunny, Suma tried to cheer up Shruthi but she used to be very calm. She was craving for his care, love and attention but Krishna was least cared about her.