~ Chapter Eleven ~

------------------ ~☽ ◯ ☾~ ------------------

~ Chapter Eleven ~

"I'm here trying not to bite your neck

But it's beautiful and I'm going to get

So drunk on you...

You'll need me and we can be obsessed

And I can touch your hair and taste your skin."

Vampire Smile, Kyla La Grange

------------------ ~☽ ◯ ☾~ ------------------

Maicoh watched me quietly from across the bedroom as he leaned against the doorframe which opened to the balcony. I avoided his piercing gaze reflected in the dressing table mirror and focused on brushing my hair. The heady scent of the forest drifting into the room, causing the pale curtains to dance in the pearly moonlight excited my senses. For a second I could almost believe that Maicoh wasn't in the room. All that signalled his presence was his persistent heartbeat, steady breathes and those silvery eyes glinting from the shadows. I shakily placed the brush on the table. A deep growl rippled through the air, causing my muscles to tense instinctively.

"Do you really want to go to the academy tomorrow?" He murmured. I swivelled on the chair to face him, but never eyed him directly.

"Yes, I would like that." He rolled his neck, sighing.

"You want to meet Alessia Myers." he stated. I opened my mouth to protest but he saw the lie coming.

"Why?" I shrugged.

"She's the only one that understands." I finally admitted. He frowned, stepping towards me to cup my face in his hands. I closed my eyes, smiling at his soft touch.

"Understands what? What can she understand that I can't?" he murmured as he rubbed his thumb against my cheek. I felt for his hands and slowly pulled them from my face. He kneeled in front of me as I held his hands in my lap.

"Maicoh, you don't understand. I'm so used to freedom, to independence and, in a way, power. Now it feels like I'm...weak." I choked on my words but managed to continue, "I don't know how to cope, how to behave. I need help." His face crumpled with pain and he knelt his forehead against my knees, like a small child curling into his mother's lap. I tenderly stroked his hair.

"I don't want you to be like this." he whispered. "I don't want us to be like this."

"I know." I breathed. He pulled away from me and moved to the pillar bed, the transparent draping obscuring his features. He glanced to the balcony, his eyes glistening with the spirit of his wolf. He eyed me silently.

"Are you ready for bed?" He shifted the conversation. I looked down at my silken nightgown before nodding my head. He moved to brush aside the drapes, beckoning me to lie among the crisp sheets. My stomach churned. You must be ravenous. I submissively crept towards the bed, my footsteps muffled by the fur rug. He bristled as I slipped under his arm, his nostrils flaring as I sunk into bed. I turned to gaze up at him, expecting him to follow.

He let the drape fall between us as his eyes became glowing crimson orbs. I retreated back to the headboard. A heated blush consumed me as he began to strip, peeling his shirt from his body. I watched, transfixed, as his muscles rippled, smooth and powerful. I pushed myself into the pillows as he pulled his pants off. His smouldering gaze slid over my shivering body, savouring every detail.