~ Chapter Four ~

------------------ ~☽ ◯ ☾~ ------------------

~ Chapter Four ~

"...the wolf, which hunts in a pack, has a greater chance of survival than the lion, which hunts alone."  

Christian Lange

------------------ ~☽ ◯ ☾~ ------------------  

"I might go to bed early." I sighed as I rubbed my eyes. Maicoh nodded stiffly.

"I will escort you to your room." he assured me gallantly.

"No, please stay. It is not necessary." I replied quickly, holding my hands up as I took a step back.

"Enjoy the rest of the night." I departed, smiling sweetly. He frowned but didn't pursue me as I quickly escaped the crowd, ignoring the stares and whispers. My heart beat sang in my ears as I slipped into the shadows, my eyes searching the darkness.

"I knew you would hate the party." Faolan's playful voice licked my ear. I beamed as I turned to face him. He stood placidly, his hands in the pockets of his suit. His green eyes flashed in the darkness and his copper hair glowed in the moonlight. I slipped my hand up his forearm in a silent greeting and I felt him shiver beneath my touch. He was careful not to let that teasing smile leave his face.

"You know I hate parties." I shrugged. He led me away from the field and further into the forest, finding a quiet solace in among the trees. The cool breeze hushed the forest as I followed him, trusting him completely. I watched his shoulders move back and forth as he walked. I shivered. Although he wasn't as large or muscular as Maicoh, the way he carried himself reminded me of a stalking animal. The strength and power simply radiated from him and it was even stronger tonight.

I linked my arm with his and we strolled beneath the arms of the pines. He turned his head to acknowledge the light weight upon his arm but didn't comment. I laughed.

"What's so funny?" he asked surprised at my sudden outburst.

"Your cologne." He took a whiff of his clothes and looked back at me. I shook my head.

"I like your natural scent better." We stood under the boughs of the trees, cut off from everything. It felt like we were the only two people that existed. He leaned in, tilting his chin down, slow and steady, making sure not to startle me. I closed my eyes as he breathed in my scent. He stayed there for a moment his nose barely touching the sensitive skin of my neck. My Stag bucked and I took a shaky step back.

"Rose geranium." He guessed correctly. I nodded dumbly.

"I like your natural scent better." he whispered seductively. It was so strange hearing such gruff words spoken from his mouth. I stared at him innocently. He took a step closer, that mischievous look brightening his features as he looked back in the direction of the party.

"We could just leave." He looked back to me with pleasing eyes. Sneaking out when nobody was about was one thing, but we wouldn't get away with it now, no matter how much I wanted to. Faolan seemed to catch that glint in my eyes and knew it was useless. He sighed.

"You're too obedient for your own good." he muttered, taking a step back and letting the cold air rush into the gap he left. He put his hands back into his pockets and began walking around in relaxed motions that enhanced his shoulders as he leaned backward. Faolan kicked the ground angrily, his shiny leather boot spraying the dirt like water. I wanted to reach out to him but another part was too afraid.

Wild Huntजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें