~ Chapter Twenty-Two ~

------------------ ~☽ ◯ ☾~ ------------------

~ Chapter Twenty-Two ~

May you sail fair to the far fields of fortune
With diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet
And may you need never to banish misfortune
May you find kindness in all that you meet 

Sleepsong, Secret Garden

------------------ ~☽ ◯ ☾~ ------------------

"We must inform your father." Alpha Fenris advised. I felt my stomach twist as I contemplated my father. I shook my head.

"No." Everyone in the room fell silent. Fenris' eyes widened with shock and even Tuck rose an eyebrow in surprise.

"I want to call a meeting with the Southern Pack members first." I elaborated, my eyes set firmly on the opposite wall as I refused to acknowledge the doubts of either man.

"Your father should be the one to call that meeting." Fenris advised sternly. I stood from behind the desk and looked Fenris squarely in the eye.

"Organise the arrangments." I instructed firmly. Fenris straightened but didn't object. He bowed slightly before leaving the room. Tuck splayed his hands and shook his head.

"What are you doing?" He questioned in exasperation. I ignored him as my eyes skirted over the map of the territories. I felt my wolf whine as my fingers traced over the Fenris pack territory. It was not as large as the Adolphus territory, but it held significant ground in the centre of the South. Everyone and everything flowed through the Fenris pack territory, and while it was not the head of the South it certainly was the beating heart.

"Do you think Alpha Fenris knows about his son?" I whispered cautiously as if throwing doubt made those suspicions true. Tuck sighed.

"I don't know." I nodded.

"Find Conan. Bring him to me." I ordered. Tuck looked up as he felt my Alpha command channel through his veins.

"Yes, Alpha." He bowed before exiting the room swiftly. I felt my resolve crumble as the door clicked shut. My chest contracted as thoughts of Maeve seared my mind. It felt like I was burning, the need for her was so strong. My eyes went dark and I stumbled backwards, my back hitting the bookshelf with a loud thud. I groaned as my knees buckled and I slid onto the floor. Goddess it was unbearable. I winced.

Even now I saw her tumultuous golden hair, messy and interwoven with white peonies as she rolled through sun-dripped fields of wildflowers. I felt my chest flood with warmth as her lilting laughter echoed around my head. Her skin shone like molten starlight, her dress hitching up her hips as she lay sprawled in the grass. The sight of her bare unblemished flesh made me want to lick her thigh and taste the sweet nectar of her skin. I growled as my fingers twitched with the need to touch her. She cocked her head, revealing her pale neck as if to mock me. My nostrils flared as I shook my head, pushing those torturous visions to the back of my mind. An even knock on the door warned me of an impending presence. I scrambled from the floor and quickly gathered myself before instructing the knocker to come in. I bit back a snarl as Conan Fenris stepped into the room.

"Alpha Adolphus." he greeted expressionlessly. I stared at him darkly but he did not flinch under my unwavering gaze. Traitor.

"Take a seat." I bit out as I motioned to the chair in front of me. Conan ignored my icy demeanour as he smoothly lowered himself into the chair. He crossed one leg over the other before raising his chin to observe me. I rolled my neck as my wolf howled within me. I could feel him writhing against the shackles which bound him. He wanted blood.