Chapter 4

Sunlight streamed through my cream colored curtain. Blankets were heaped on top of me and my bedroom door was slightly ajar. Hadn't I fallen asleep outside, then the whole night flashed back to me, my brother yelling downstairs and my mother worried about me. I had run outside and fallen asleep on the hammock and I remembered vaguely Davids warm and strong arms around me.

A slight rap on my door abruptly stopped my already confused train of thought.

"Ash, can I come in?", David said as he poked his head into my room.

"Sure," I said as I beckoned him in.

He sat down gingerly on the end of my bed, his blond hair in a mess on top of his head. He looked at me and sighed.

"Come to judge, cause I don't want to hear any of it", I said as I glared at him.

He pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers, he usually didn't do that unless he was very frustrated.

"No Ash I'm not here to judge your descion, I respect it and hope you do well".

I raised my eyebrow, confused.

"You always did te eyebrow thing when you were suprised." he said chuckling.

I punched him lightly in the shoulder.

"I'm wounded, man down", he was laughig so hard his voice was almost unintelligible.

"Oh grow up you asshat!"

"Who are you callin an asshat, asshat!" He said grinning.

"Well if you're going to be an ass get the hell out of my room!"

He shrugged and walked out of my room.

I really needed to pack for Bootcamp. I picked up my thick manila folder off my desk that I had gotten from my recruiter a few weeks earlier. Leafing through I found the basic supply list.

USMC Basic Training Supply List

-Recruiter packet and info

-Picture ID

-No more than $10.00

-Stamps

-Few appropriate pictures

-Hygine materials

-Religious materials

Do NOT bring

-Extra clothes (only the ones on your back)

-Cell phones

-Contraband etc etc

-Extra shoes

-Aerosals (deodorant, hairspray etc etc)

Do NOT bring any extra clothes besides