Chapter 44

Ugh, I just got my school schedule and it sucks. -.-

Enjoy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sebastians POV

I watched her walk as quickly as she could back to her DI. She was one tough girl, her foot was probably completed seperated, not just a fracture. I couldnt confirm that though because we didnt have an x-ray out here and if she went back to the main med station they would most definetly stop her from continuing.

I walked back inside the med tent and put away the ice pack she had been using and prepared for my next recruit who had done something stupid to themselves.

 I sat down in the seat Ashley had been sitting in and waited fro the next recruit.

Not five minutes later another girl walks in, her hand is up to her face and theres blood dripping from underneath her hand.

"Move your hand, please." I said not even waiting for her to tell me what happened.

She slowly pulled her hand away and a big bloody gash was running along her left cheekbone. 

"Barb wire get yah?" I asked her and she nodded.

I grabbed a pair of plastic gloves and examined the cut. It was pretty long, about three inches but not deep enough for stiches. I wiped an antiseptic wipe on the area and some neosporin, and finally stuck a large bandage on the side of her face.

"Your free to go." She thanked me and quickly left the medical tent scurring back to her DI.

All in a days work.

Ashs POV 

Sebastain's pills were finally starting to kick in once I got back to my platoon. Though even with the pain killers I knew that my entire foot would hurt like hell throughout the  next two days.

"What did the Doc say Daniels?" English asked me when she saw me return.

"He said I could continue, but that its gonna hurt real bad." I told her.

She paced back in forth in front of me, seeming to contemplate my words and the docs words. She shook her head and looked at me.

"I know you really want this Daniels, if you can keep up with whats going on I'm fine with you staying. But if you fall behind, I'm going to have to make you leave." She said to me.

"Yes Ma'am, sounds good." I said with a a smile on my face.

"Now get going! you've missed to much while you been gone."

I scrambled away towards my group as fast as I could.

They called out to me, "You gonna live Daniels?"

I grinned," Not goin to die today ladies!"

My group was standing right in front of a large pit that I was assuming filled with water. Two large metal barrels and going across the pit was two skinny wooden boards a short distance apart but parallel with each other, steadily inclining.

A DI was standing to the side of the barrels and I quickly walked over to find out he was giving instructions on what was going to be happining.

He looked up as he heard me approaching the group.

"Recruit why are you so LATE!!" He said going beserk in front of me.

I popped to attention as he came over to me.