Chapter 19

I really feel quite awful about how short the chapters are but it is very frustrating writing on an iPhone.

Anyone notice how grouchy people are at the grocery store around Thanksgiving, this lady totally screamed at me yesterday it's was very funny I cut her off at different aisles around the store oops :))

---------------

The barracks we short and squat buildings that looked about 50 years old. A huge sand pit was outside each of the 3 buildings surronded by scraggly grass with patches of dirt. How charming.

"Inside now!" Donovan shouted looking longingly at tr sand pit for some bizzare reason.

Marching in we were greeted by a brilliant red floor all the way down the Lon building. About 30 some bunkbeds lined the room, 15 per side all with matching blue mattess dingy from the awful fluorescent light. Tiny windows lined the very top of the walls besides that there was no other furniture in the room.

"Recruits you have 15 seconds to find a rack and make your bed!" She screamed at us with an amused smirk on her face.

"Yes Ma'am!"

Running to the nearest bed I tore open my sea bag and pulled out my pillow, blanket and sheets. Tossing them all on I heard Srgt. counting down.

"10"

"9"

"8"

I tossed everthing on trying to make it as neat as possible, Srgt ran around the room tossing sea bags and tipping over racks, constantly shouting obscenities aroun the room.

"1"

"You should be!!!" She screamed.

"Done ma'am!"

I looked around the room, stuff was everywhere. Blanked were strewn about, racks were tipped over and most of us were red faced and sweaty.

"Well your NOT!" Srgt yelled.

We all turned to face her.

"Now get the HELL out of my barracks!"

"Yes ma'am!"

I was one of the last ones out and while running my tennis shoes slipped on a puddle I water from Srgt's canteen. My feet careened out from under me and literally feel out he front door. I could feel my face goig a brilliant red and I saw Srgt's combat boot in front of me. Afraid to look up I studied the patch of dirt in front me.

"Daniels sand pit now!"

I got up slowly, feeling the others gaze on me I walked over to the pit.

"Daniels I'm sure your familiar with up downs."

Standing at attention," Yes Srgt ma'am!"

I began jogging in place, sand started falling in my tennis shoes making my feet itch.

"Down!"

Dropping into the sand I felt it go into my bra itching like crazy.

"Up!"

She did this about 30 times, my legs ached and sand was all over my body sticking everywhere that was covered sweat.

"This recruits is how I make sugar cookies." She cackled as I fell back into line.

Only 83 more days left.....

--------

Opinions?