3. SINCERE INTENTIONS

Bismillah.

Wow, I encoded and thought of this for an hour. I am getting the hang of this story. Hope you are too.

Dedicated to rimzzs who added this story to her library. Thanks much! Made me smile. ^____^

3. Sincere Intentions

I cannot believe that Kakah (older brother) Ridzmar is here. I mean, yes I hated him for not standing up for me in the past but I really did not think he understood how much meeting Amir meant to me.

"Cherry here said that your eyes were swollen and so I decided to just accompany you," his defeated voice said.

"Oh thanks Kakah!" I said, not being able to hide my relief.

I looked at the time and saw it was 8:10pm. Oh no, what if he is no longer there?

"Hurry, let's go."

With that, I found myself seated next to Kakah in his black car.

Kakah and I, being the only children of my parents were tightly closed. He is just two years older than me, so we were each other confidant growing up. He made a promise to me after I had my first cry over a boy - crush way back in high school.

************************************************************************************************

FLASHBACK

"Come out now Zai. We are the only people here in our campus. Everybody has gone home," Kah Ridzmar said while banging the door of girl's comfort room.

"Are you sure?" I said through sobs. I was afraid to come out after I gave my letter of confession to a senior schoolmate named Cedrick. He read my letter out loud to his friends which sent me running away from the school bench park.

"Of course, I'm sure. It's almost sunset and Inah (mother) would be be worried already," he pleaded.

I wiped my face again, wet with tears, opened the cubicle and went out.

Kah Ridzmar patted my head and spoke.

"You should have told me you were giving a letter to Cedrick. I know that jerk and he ain't worth any girl's attention."

"But he's smart and so good in basketball," I reasoned out.

"And he's also a guy and I know guys. So I want you to promise me one thing."

I was a sophomore and Ridzmar was a graduating student. Soon, he won't be around to protect me anymore. I would have to go to school and back home all alone.

"What is it?"

"Let me pick the right man for you or you can take your pick and I'll be the judge if he is right for you, okay?" he said, stooping his head a little since he was three inches taller than I am.

"Okay."

"Promise me," he demanded.

"Okay, okay, I promise."

He smiled and I smiled back.

"Now let's get some ice cream and go home."

"Yey! I'll have three chocolate ice cream!"

"You're so spoiled that's why you're a crybaby," he said, once again messing my hair with his hand.

"No I am not," I said then showing him my tongue out.