50. EPILOGUE - THERE

Bismillah.

This last chapter is dedicated to all of you readers.

50. EPILOGUE - THERE

There are endings we never saw coming. And there are truths of life that we fail to acknowledge because we were so drown in the Dunya or perhaps deceived by the everyday cliché of fairy tale stories and romantic movies.

But is there really an ending to anything? We are immortals, each and every created being, mankind and the jinn. There is a life after this. If my story was a sad one for the common reader, then surely, by the grace of Allah, a happy one was written for me in the next. Ameen.

These were my thoughts as I put on the purple veil on my head, staring at my reflection in the mirror. The book launching has been successful two years ago and those same thoughts were the same words I ended the book reading with. I smiled as I remembered how my friends and loved ones were there for me. This morning, another online interview has been scheduled for me. I applied some pressed powder on my face and was ready to go. This is me, no lipstick, no perfume, a beautiful Muslimah, widowed, unwed, childless but happily worshiping Allah. I got my purse on the bed and made my way downstairs.

"Ready?" Kakah asked.

My big brother still goes on with the habit of driving me to and fro. Living with his family in their big house has been such an immense blessing for me. I am never bored with my niece and nephew playing around with me, messing and joking with each other. They even call me their Agony Aunty, all because when their parents won't listen, they can come to me anytime. This nickname always make me chuckle.

"Yes Kah Ridz. Let's go," I told him.

He drove me towards the town plaza and I stared at the road, like I always enjoy doing. The sight of family and friends, even the sight of a man or a woman alone, always makes me praise Allah. This habit of mine I got from my late husband Amir. He was always making dhikr and thanking Allah every second.

"We're here," my brother said.

"Okay, thanks Kah. I will just call you up as soon as we're done," I told him.

He smiled at nod at me. I climbed down from the car and make way for the Trends Broadcasting Association.

Automatically, two ladies approached me and placed some garlands over my neck.

"Thank you," I told them.

"The pleasure is ours Mrs. Luqman. This way please," the female lady said.

I smiled back and followed her.

A little later on, I was already seated on a comfortable sofa with a woman in her late 40's seated across me.

"Are we streaming live?" I asked her.

"Yes Ma'am. I believe you were already briefed on the terms and agreement for this interview?" she asked me politely.

"Yes I was. I just wanted to confirm," I answered back politely.

"We've been receiving a lot of feedbacks, comments and questions for this interview. Our channel viewers and subscribers have increased over nearly a million. Your popularity and your book are awesome," she said cheerfully.

I quietly made istighfar secretly and just gave her a smile, fearing riya and the punishment of Allah for boastfulness.

"Okay ladies, we shall start in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ..." the director said.

The interview started and the usual questions were asked. However the last three questions of Ms. Ayla caught me off guard.

"Do you still miss your late husband and your daughter?" she asked.