10. HER DOWRY WISH AND HIS WHITE CARDS

Bismillah.

Thank you for the more than 300 reads! Motivating!

This chapter is dedicated to a friend and a supporter of my works, SybilLee for her marathon reads, votes and comments. Shukran! (Thank you!)

10. Her Dowry Wish and His White Cards

Amir's POV

I have been trying to call Zai that Friday night because I needed to see her tomorrow, to ask her of her mahar (dowry).

"The subscriber cannot be reached, please try again.."

I dialed her number again. This time I watched so carefully, and noticeably she cancelled it. I wonder why. I hurriedly composed a text for her.

"Assalamu alaykum Zai. How are you? Been trying to contact you. Amah and I would like to finalize your dowry. Can we drop by tomorrow over lunch? In shaa Allah. Be waiting for you reply."

Message Sent.

"Kah Amir, dinner is ready," my little sister Ayesha called out.

I decided to bring the phone with me just in case she replies. As I went my way to the dining table, my phone beeped and excitedly I looked to see who messaged me. It was from an unknown number.

"Assalamu alaykum Kah Amir. Congratulations! Best wishes for you and Kah Zai! ZJ here. Might not make it to your wedding day though. Huhuhu. I am leaving the country soon. Just thought that maybe we all three could bond before I go? Puhlease.... You, Zai and I. In shaa Allah."

This made me smile so wide. Of course why not?

I hurriedly replied her message.

"Sure thing. I'll let her know."

"Your Kakah is surely happy and in love with your Kah Zainab Abdurahman. Look at that smile," Inah teased me.

"Uyyy," my little siblings teased me.

This made me guilty. If I can still smile like a school boy with a crush because of ZJ, then it could only mean one thing. Astaghfirullah. I hope my marriage will make it go away. Ameen.

___________________________________________________________________________

Zai's POV

Upon reading the message of ZJ, I lost the appetite for dinner. I excused myself and went to my room. Honestly, I am happy she won't be here for our wedding as it would be so awkward if she will be there. But I also want to hate her. Astaghfirullah. Why on earth does she think that dining together in Amir's restaurant can be a good bonding before she goes to London? I mean if she wants to bond with my future husband. Fine! They can, even without me. Not being able to stand it no more, I decided to tell all about it to Cherry.

"She's absolutely ridiculous right? I mean, she can't be that naïve that you knew about Amir and him. Come on Zai! If I were you, tell that girl the real story so she can stop playing the one that got way. Because honestly, she is giving me insecurities and doubt about your own self, and worst your own happiness is at stake," Cherry said after I expressed my sentiments.

I can only sigh and lay down on my bed.

"I don't want to do that. She is a good woman."

"And you are too. Tell me, do you want to hurt yourself and just go with the flow?"