Chapt 1

Edited by letthesparksfly

Enjoy! :)

Chapter one

The rain was falling hard and freezing cold. The sky looked sad and had a very dark grey color. It had turned out just like my life did.

My life turned in to a complete misery since the moment I saw the love of my life cheating on me with my enemy. It felt like a knife had been sink in to my heart.

It started when the next in line for the Royal Alpha title was in the area. I was running in my wolf form trying to forget all the stress I had on my shoulders and it was working until I had to distract myself by running in to him. We looked in to each other eyes and I felt some sort of connection. He must have felt it too because he looked surprised and pleased. Since then, we hit it off. He was the perfect boyfriend, so sweet and nice to me that I couldn't help falling in love with him. He confessed that every alpha had a special mate for life, they were the alpha’s mate because in the entire world, that was the most ideal person for them to spent their life with. When he told me that I felt special, wanted and cared for. I haven’t felt those feelings in years or maybe ever. We did “it” that night and I felt even more in love with him than ever. We were living the dream, but something happened.

I got accepted in to hunter school. Hunter school was a school where people that could fight could train and become hunters. I have always had good battle skills but was really surprised when I got accepted. We had a discussion about it and he convinced me of going. It was only 2 years and then we could be together again. When I got there, we contacted each other anyway possible, but the months flew by and suddenly the communication had stopped.

I graduated 6 months early and was a international hunter. There are 3 types of hunters. Local Hunters, their symbol was a black sword. National Hunters, their symbol was a silver sword. Finally, International Hunters, their symbol is two gold swords clashing. There is only a hand full of national hunters. Being one of them is an honor. I was so happy, I felt that I worth something to have received an honor such as this.

After I graduated, I wanted to surprise everybody and show them that I was important in the hunter society and I missed Daniel so much. I left me bags in the hotel and paid a taxi to bring me home and leave me outside the gates of the Daniel's family's mansion. I started walking in the road that led to the mansion and saw no cars. So I looked through the tall window that gave a whole view of the living room. What I saw made my heart break.

The whole family was seated on couches, smiling and talking happily. However, that wasn’t what broke my heart. I could see my mate kissing the person who humiliated me through all my high school years, Natasha Sharp. She had always hated me and has been friends with my stepsisters for years. She was the part of a neighboring pack and was treated like family in my pack. Both packs have helped each other in times of need and both of the pack females were related as cousins, so the packs had a strong bond.

Daniel knew how she was treated, he was always the one who defended me from the bullies in school, the leader of them being Natasha and my sisters, so you can imagine the shock, hurt and betrayal I felt and for my entire family knowing about this and not telling me anything. After seeing that, I ran in to the forest and never looked back. I could feel the tears mixing with the rain and the sobs leaving my mouth were loud, so I covered my mouth with one of my hands and kept running. Now I knew that you couldn’t trust anybody and had to be independent. I created an ice cold barrier around my heart, so no one could ever affect me like they did.

I kept running through the forest until I reached town. I went directly to one of the public payphones and called  someone who would help me right away. 

“Hello, Vladimir speaking.”  Vladimir was my teacher in Hunter school.

“Vladimir, I want to go on the mission to Spain.” I said in a confident voice, trying to keep it from cracking.

“Why now dear? Just a day ago you refused the offer?” He asked.

“I have nothing here in this place anymore Vladimir.” I snapped at him and regretted it instantly. I didn’t have to take my anger out on him, now I just felt bad because of it. 

“Want to talk about it?” He asked. 

“No. Could you just pay me the ticket for the next plane to go to Spain?” I asked. 

“Fine Savannah, have it your way.” He murmured sincerely and I thanked whoever was in the sky for him not to ask about the problem anymore. Thanking him, I hung up the phone.

By the next day I was had a ticket and was ready to board the plane. “Passengers from flight 0045 to Spain start aboard the plane please.” The voice in the intercom announced and I get me bags ready. I got up and got in line.

 ****

 My plane was speeding down the landing strip, about to fly. While I was looking through the window I was thinking; Bye old life, welcome new one. With that final thought, the plane flew away from the land I used to call home.

Vote, comment,fan!! :)