one

three years ago

"we have to, unless you're willing to stay home without me being around to take care of her." justin says to his girlfriend that was laying on the hospital bed hours after giving birth. "i want her as much as you do, but i can't take care of her. my job ... i'm still too young."

"i'm still too young, also." she mumbles, then glances at the doctor who was standing nearby. "we're giving her up."

"are you sure?" the doctor glances between the celebrity and his girlfriend.

"yes, doctor. we're sure." she finalizes their decision, the doctor picking up the baby. "b-but do you mind if we pick the orphanage?"

"don't mind at all."

weeks later

edith slowly walked into the orphanage with her boyfriend of three years. she has always wanted to adopt, and he went along with it just to make her happy. he was hoping she's get a toddler so he didn't have to change diapers and such. "are you sure you don't want to change your mind?" edith turns to her boyfriend, and he nods.

"whatever makes you happy."

she kisses his cheek before rushing in to see the orphanage owner carrying a baby. "hello, you must be ms. williams."

"yes i am, but please just call me edith." she grins.

"so, you said you wanted from a newborn to age one." the woman said, edith's boyfriend mentally rolling his eyes. "this is the only baby that qualifies for what you want."

"can i hold her?" edith questions, the woman nodding. as she handed the baby over, he saw her brown eyes and dirty blonde hair. edith didn't really care what skin color the baby was, she just wanted one because she was unable to have kids herself. she's never tried the infertility treatment because she hasn't tried for a baby with her boyfriend yet. "i want her."

edith turns to her boyfriend, to see him standing there smiling. he asks to hold her, and when he did, he saw how happy edith looked. "she's beautiful."

"if it's official, come back here so we can sign the papers, mommy." the woman smiled, edith giggling at the new title she'd have to get used to.

--------

this story has been in my drafts for almost a year lmao

and this will be a short story i think