fifteen

edith

after a long day of chasing hazel, we returned to the hotel with bags of things that justin had bought. "how did you handle her on your own?" justin sighed, laying on the bed.

"she's never this excited at home." i follow his actions. hazel climbed on the bed between justin and i, then cuddled to my side. "you tired?"

she nods.

"wanna get in the bath first?"

she shakes her head. "goodnight. i love you to the moon and back."

"to infinity and beyond, forever and ever." i kiss her forehead, pulling the blankets over her. she cuddled into the pillows, justin grinning at me. "what?"

"that is the most cutest thing ever." he gushes.

"thanks." i chuckle. i kick my shoes off then climbed under the blankets, justin doing the same. when i put my hand over hazel's body, i immediately got comfortable and fell into a deep sleep.

+

the next morning, i woke due to justin's voice. he was on the phone arguing with someone outside on the balcony. furrowing my eyebrows, i stand up and walked out there, placing my hand on his back so he knew i was there. he just hung up the phone, and turned to me. "you okay?"

"yeah." he sighs. "my manager called and he's pretty pissed i won't tell him where i am but ariana also called. she wants to be here too."

oh. "she's not coming." justin rushed. "she wants to spend more time with hazel but she's so problematic already and-"

"it's okay." i chuckle. "mothers have that special attachment to their child when they're born. same with the father when they cut the umbilical cord."

"okay, doctor edith." justin giggles, pushing his hair out of his face. "after this trip, we have to go back to being strangers. i don't want to get too attached to hazel or even you. ariana was with hazel for not even five hours and she's already making a big deal of it."

or even you. i just sat there silently. something told me this was a good idea but a part of me wanted to continue to be friends with justin. if i did, it'd jeopardize everything with me and hazel. "wanna learn how to swim today?" justin switches the topics, sitting down next to me.

"not really." i shake my head causing him to laugh.

"if hazel caught on fast, i'm sure you will."

"i am deeply afraid of water where i can't see my feet." i protest. "if you let go of me in this pool, i'm gonna kick your ass."

"i'd like to see you try." he smirks, standing up. rolling my eyes, i follow him inside, then went to find my swimsuit. hazel was still sleeping which gave justin and i time to get ready before we woke her up to come down with us. "i'll wake her."

i nod as i went into the bathroom to change. i put on my black one piece, then exited to see hazel sitting there. she made grabby hands at me so i picked her up and she looked at my swimsuit. "are we going out there?" she points to the balcony, meaning the beach.

"no, we're teaching mommy how to swim." justin grins, hazel giggling.

"i wanna put my swimsuit on!"

i help her get hers on then we all headed down. i was nervous and already embarrassed, considering there'd be people there to see a grown woman struggling to swim. when we got inside, no one was in there. hazel went to jump in, justin grabbing her. "don't do that, that's dangerous."

"but i can swim." she pouts.

"you still could've drowned." justin pokes her. "wait until we get in."

overprotective daddy justin was an odd sight to see but it was also cute. and made me afraid that he was getting attached. when we got in, i stayed in the shallow until hazel got in and started swimming away from me.

"come on." justin grabbed my hand. since he was swimming, i let him drag my through the water. "you're lazy."

"i know." i smile. when i realized was feet of water we were in, i, with no shame, grabbed onto his torso and held on.

"are you serious?" he starts laughing.

"yes." i grin. "i almost drowned once as a kid at my friend's birthday party because i couldn't swim."

"i've got you, i promise."

at his words, i let go and started to float on my own like before at the beach. justin's hands grabbed my waist, and he told me to just relax and kick my legs underwater instead of above like hazel was doing.

"i'm bored." i say after a moment, justin groaning. i started laughing.

"i don't see how teachers do this." he rolls his eyes. "do you wanna learn how to swim?"

"yes." i nod. "you're just a boring teacher."

justin let's go of my waist causing me to cling onto his body. i press my cheek against his chest and he started laughing. "you can float, edith."

"i wasn't floating, you were holding me." i clarify. "take me to my daughter."

"yes, ma'am."

"stop that makes me sound old." i roll my eyes, causing him to laugh. when we get over there, hazel turned to us as i let go of justin body and walked toward her.

she swims to me then glances at justin. "what's wrong?"

"nothing." she swims toward justin, now making me curious as to what she's doing.

-------

i wasn't planning to update for another week to piss of taniya but im bored