thirteen

justin

while out to eat, i was so glad i didn't get recognized and bothered. we sat inside of mcdonalds because hazel wanted to play in the little playground. while she was in there, edith and i sat at the table watching her. as i was sipping my drink, i got a text.

ariana: you told me you were going back to cali

justin: ?

ariana: ryan told me you're in florida with our daughter and that girl

justin: that girl is hazel's mother and yes, i am. hazel wanted to go to disney world and edith wanted me to come with since i was paying

ariana: why couldn't you make it a family trip

justin: it is a family trip

justin: hazel's with her mother. that's a family

ariana: im her mother justin

justin: where

justin: im rightfully not her father and i take full understanding to it, can you?

she read it and didn't reply. sighing, i locked my phone and looked at edith who was scrolling through the pictures she took of hazel. i was in some of them, but not a lot.

"what time do you want to go to the park tomorrow?" i question, looking at edith. she looks up, a small smile on her face.

"any time you'd like." she shrugs. "hazel's gonna be worn out by the time we get back so she'll be out for a good while."

"we can leave by like twelve." i shrug. "anyways, tell me about yourself."

she locks her phone, and looks at me. "what do you want to know?"

"anything. we should get to know each other since we're on vacation with each other." i chuckle. she nods.

"true." then she shrugs. "i'll start with the basics, my favorite color is blue, uh i love all types of music, a-"

"mommy!" hazel yelled, causing edith to turn around and stand up.

she put her hand on her chest, "don't scare me like that, hazel."

"sorry!" hazel giggles. "i'm done playing, can we go now?"

"that's the first time i've ever heard a kid say that." i laugh. "but let's go."

+

hazel was laying in the center of the bed, and i had just gotten out of the shower after edith. edith was sitting on the edge of bed, her face in her hands. "hey, what's wrong?"

"jason keeps texting me that it was a horrible idea to come to florida with you."

"is he jealous?" i ask, and she shakes her head.

"he has no right, he's not my boyfriend."

"you told us he was."

"he's my ex. i lied. he was just there and-"

edith stopped talking, so i didn't bother her. we sat on the bed, and she turned over me to me. hazel's still laying there, playing on my phone. i turned the lights off, then climbed under the blankets. edith grabbed my phone from hazel and gave it to me. "goodnight, hazel." i say. "goodnight edith."

"goodnight." she mumbles.

"goodnight justin." hazel climbs up and kisses my cheek. "goodnight mommy, i love you to the moon and back."

"to infinity and beyond, forever and ever." edith mumbles, bringing a smile to my face.

that had to be the most cutest thing ever.