seventeen

why have i never seen this before 😂😂
-

edith

returning home after a week of disney world, florida, and the several beaches we visited was sad but refreshing. i was also nervous because tomorrow, justin and i are going to the hospital. his friend ryan is flying back out to new york right now to watch hazel tomorrow while we're gone. "how about i make lunch and you go play with hazel?" i look at justin who was playing on his phone.

"fine." he stands up, and walks off to find hazel. while i was making sandwiches and more, i got a call. it was from an unknown number but i answered it anyways.

"hello?" i say softly.

"edith? this is ariana." the voice spoke. "are you back in new york yet?"

"yes, why?"

"i just want to see hazel once more." she spoke, and then i started panicking.

"hold on for one minute."

i put the phone on mute and ran to justin. he is currently getting beat up by a four year old. "justin, ariana asked to see hazel again."

"say no." he immediately stood up.

"you say no, i can't." i unmute the phone and handed it to him. i walked away to get our plates and brought them outside since it's nice. moments later when i was putting our drinks on the table, justin and hazel walk out. "what happened?"

he covers hazel's ears, telling me all types of names that ariana called him which caused me to start laughing. hazel pouted, probably mad because she didn't hear what justin had said. "how about tomorrow after your appointment, we go and see the new jungle book movie?" justin randomly spoke, which caused hazel to jump up and down.

"yes, please? can we? they have elephants, i love elephants."

i never knew why she was obsessed with elephants out of all animals, but i didn't question it because my mother was the same way. "or we can go to the zoo and see real el-"

"yay!" she cut justin off to scream out her excitement. justin looks at me with a big smile on his face. "mommy! we're gonna go see the elephants."

"they stink." i point out.

"loser." justin sticks his tongue out at me. "it'll be fun."

"fine, only because hazel loves them." i chuckle, sitting down. i could get used to justin being around, being my friend and hazel's father figure without her knowing that he's her actual father. but that wouldn't happen because he's famous and has to do his celebrity things.

------

the next chapter will probably be more interesting. and bare with me, i know nothing about infertility so i might skip the hospital scene ...