five

i told yall ive already pre written like 7 chapters 😂
-

edith

"mommy, can you teach me how to swim?" hazel had come out in her swimming suit. the house we live in used to be my grandfather's and he built his own pool in which we never used.

"honey, i can't swim myself." i chuckle. "my parents never taught me, which is why i don't get in water unless it's the shower."

hazel pouts. "can your pizza man friend swim? ask him?"

"hazel, i-"

her big brown eyes made me feel guilty. sighing, i grab my phone and called him. "hello, edith."

"don't think anything of this, jase. but hazel wants to learn to swim, and you know i can't and you're the only one of my 'friends' that i've introduced her to." i explain.

"you want me to teach her?"

"yeah." i sigh. "just for today."

"oh okay, well i'll be there in fifteen."

without saying goodbye, i hung up and looked at hazel who was kicking her feet around in the water with her floaties on. "mommy, where is daddy?"

every time this conversation came up, something happened so it could be avoided but this time i had to face it. i couldn't just tell her 'you're adopted and justin bieber is your father.'

when she gets older and her friends start asking questions, im sure she'll realize i'm not her actual mother due to our skin colors. i didn't really care, as long as she knows i love her as if she's my own. "when we had you he left. he's a meany."

she pouts. "he didn't want me?"

"no, baby, he loves you. he was just scared." i say, hoping jason would walk in. when i saw the familiar light skinned boy, i stood up. "hi jason."

"hi pizza man friend!" hazel ran up to him, shaking his hand. jason picked her up, giggling. "you're gonna teach me how to swim? you should teach mommy."

"no, i'm okay." i say. "i wanna watch you."

-------

double update!!