two

i might just use the little girl from good luck charlie to play justin's daughter
-

three years forward

edith

"hazel, get down here!" i exclaim, crossing my arms over my chest. her small feet could be heard stomping down the stairs. "why did you break that?"

"it was an accident, mommy." the three year old says softly, instantly making me feel bad for yelling. "it won't happen again, i promise."

"okay, but get over here and help me clean it up." i hand hazel the broom, as i hold the dustpan. the broken vase didn't cost much but it was a cute decor. as hazel swept the glass into the dustpan, i smiled. "you wanna get ice cream after this?"

"yes!" she nodded. "please?"

"i offered so that means yes." i chuckle, dumping the broken vase into the garbage. "go get your shoes and jacket."

"i don't need a jacket, it's summer."

"it's windy out baby, go get your minnie mouse jacket." i say, and she rushes off. as i was sliding on my moccasins and my grey jacket, i heard the tv playing a familiar song. sighing, i walk into the living room to see justin bieber dancing. i shut the tv off, knowing that the child that is now mine, is the offspring of the one and only justin bieber. no one but me, the orphanage lady, and the doctors know that. not even my boyfriend - ex boyfriend know. i'm pretty sure when she gets older she'll start resembling him and her mother more.

"i'm ready, mommy!"

i heard the front door open, so i grabbed my bag and hurried out behind her. there's this bunny rabbit that likes to hop in our yard, and everyday hazel would feed it her vegetables so she didn't have to eat them. the bunny keeps coming back now, practically our pet. "i don't have any veggies, bunny." hazel started to pet the animal, pouting. "can we get carrots before we come home?"

"yes we can." i giggle, not being able to say no to the optimistic and happy three year old. "and your birthday is soon, baby, what do you want?"

all of a sudden, her grin turns into a frown. "you keep telling me i have a daddy, but i never met him. i want daddy for my birthday."

that broke my heart. my boyfriend that i had when i adopted hazel, he was faking everything. he didn't want a kid, he just wanted me. his exact words were, "i love you, but i can't love someone else's kid. i don't even want kids, which is why im glad you have that infertility thing." i'm so glad he didn't sign the papers to be her legal father.

i've been a single mother for two years, me not being able to find a man who wants a woman with a kid. or unable to conceive children. "mommy, you're crying. why are you crying? did i make you sad?" hazel pulled on my hand.

sniffling, i wipe my cheeks to rid of the tears. "no, i'm okay. something was in my eye." i lie, shaking my head. i pick hazel up, and hugged her, her small arms wrapping around my neck.

"i love you to the moon and back, mommy."

"to infinity and beyond, forever and ever." i grin. when she first started talking she used to say that to me, then i caught onto it and now it's our little thing. "now come on, we have ice cream waiting for us."

-------

i suck at being cute im used to all smut.