nine

edith

jason stared at me. "why the hell would you let them see her? that was the worst thing you could've done!"

"the worst thing i've ever done was dating you." i blurt, then covered my mouth.

"i deserved that." he rolls his eyes. "but can we just be civil for right now, until they leave?"

i nod. we both walk into the kitchen where the two parents were playing with hazel who oddly got along with them quickly. it made me jealous, a lot jealous. "pizza man!" hazel had totally forgot about justin and ariana and ran to jason.

"my name is jason." he chuckles, bending down to pick up the little girl. "still want your swimming lesson?"

she nods. "is it okay, mommy?" jason turns to me, and i just nod. he introduces himself to justin, ariana, and ryan before walking upstairs to help her with her swimsuit.

"is that your boyfriend?" ariana questions. "and why does she call him pizza man?"

you ask a lot of fucking questions. "yes, he's my boyfriend and she just doesn't know that yet. i wanted to wait until the right time. and because he's a pizza man."

it got silent, then she decided to speak again. "do you-"

"don't interrogate her, for christ sake." ryan snapped. "she's the mother, you're not."

i covered my mouth. "ryan..." justin whispered.

"i was asking for the bathroom." ariana retorted.

"you were gonna ask her does she have a bathroom? of course she has a bathroom." ryan squinted, and ariana blushed.

"i-its fine if she has questions." i say. even though it was inappropriate, i wanted to laugh. i don't even know why, it just amused me.

jason and hazel had returned moments later, then we all went outside. justin sat next to me, and sighed. "ryan was never fond of ariana, i'm sorry for that."

"it's fine." i giggle, watching hazel jump in and float back up due to her floaties on her arms. "it's a little awkward, but it's fine."

"this isn't going to be a regular thing." he says. "i just wanted to meet her to have some type of closure. tomorrow, we can go back to being complete strangers."

"look at hazel and tell me who you see."

he looks at hazel, and shrugs. "i see me and a little bit of ariana."

i nod. "exactly. everyone knows you were expecting, and everyone knows you gave her up for adoption. when she gets older and starts resembling you two more and people start questioning-"

"hey, calm down." justin put his hand on my shoulder. "that won't happen, im sure people will forget in a couple of more years."

i shrug. it got silent, except for the water splashing, and ryan and ariana's bickering from the other side of the pool. "why aren't you in there helping?" justin looks at me.

"i can't swim."

he raises an eyebrow.

"i never went to pools when i was younger. so i never learned how."

he smirks. "your own daughter is gonna be swimming before you."

i pushed his arm, "that's not funny. i could learn if i wanted to."

he just started laughing. it made me smile to hear him say your daughter. i was also hoping they didn't get attached in one day because that'd ruin everything. "hey, what's something hazel has always wanted to do but never got to?"

that was a random question but i answered. "disney world. when she was two all she watched is mickey mouse. why?"

"i'm gonna send you two to disney world." he smiles at me.

"are you serious?" i sit up. "i can't let you do that, i-"

"i want to." he grabs his phone. "i'll let you take my jet to and from, buy your hotel and everything."

it was an instinct to hug him, he was being so generous right now. i wrapped my arms around his neck and he hugged back, laughing lightly. "when do you want to leave?"

"i can't just take all of this from you." i say. you should take her yourself came to mind but that was a dumb fucking idea. jason's words from earlier automatically popped into my mind. "you should come with us."

------

special update for taniya since she's an asswipe