eighteen

edith

spending the morning in the hospital, talking about my infertility and how they're going to treat it wasn't such a great way to start my day. at the end of the doctor explaining everything, he asked if justin was my partner that im planning on having children with which caused an awkward tension in the room.

after about an hour in the hospital, we left out. "you okay?" justin questioned, looking over at me.

"i'm fine." i partially lie. "i'm only having problems with blocked tubes, it's just surgery."

justin stops to make me look at him, which automatically breaks me. "okay, i'm definitely freaking out. im scared, what if the surg-"

"edith, calm down." he grabs my hand, the other holding my face. "it'll be okay. it's just a surgery, and you'll be in the hospital three days after. you're in good hands."

the fact he was holding me in his hands made me flustered. "they're still cutting into my body, justin, i don't think i can do this."

"you can, and you will."

+

after his attempt of calming me down, he took me to an ice cream shop (he got a cone for hazel and ryan) and we rushed back home. when we got there, ryan and a female were sitting on my couch, the random female holding hazel. "who's this?" justin asks before me.

"oh, my girlfriend." ryan shrugs. "you didn't see her earlier?"

we both shake our heads.

she chuckles, "i was in the bathroom when they were leaving. but i'm brenda, nice to meet you justin, edith."

"nice to meet you as well." i shake her hand.

"do you two wanna come with us to the zoo?" justin looks at ryan, and before he got to reply, hazel climbs to his lap.

"we're gonna see the elephants!"

"i wanna see the elephants." ryan faked his excitement. oh, he'll be a great dad one day. "come on, brenda."

"it's not like i haven't anywhere else to go." she shrugs, standing up.

we all head out of the house, justin and i last to leave. while we were waiting for hazel to get her jacket, justin turns to me. "this is really bad timing, but i have to leave soon. i have a show in cali coming up, and i hav-"

"i understand." i nod. "is it soon or after the surgery?" the surgery is appointed for next week.

"i'm pretty sure it's like four days after your surgery. so when you're released from the hospital, i think." he sighs. "i don't want to leave you alone though."

"i can handle it, i just need you there while im getting surgery for moral support." i say. "and because im scared shitless and i don't want to go alone."

he just chuckles. "you'll be put to sleep, and i won't be allowed in while they're doing surgery, but i won't leave your side, babe."

"okay, im ready." hazel had walked out the door with her jacket and a little purse hanging from her shoulder. "time to ride the elephants."

justin turns to me with wide eyes. "who said she can ride the elephants?"

"i didn't." i retort. he turns to the car to see ryan laughing. brenda was laughing as well. "this is going to be one helluva zoo trip."

---------

sorrry for not updating and the fact this is a hella boring update 😂

i have to do a lot of research about infertility to make this story more realistic  😩