nineteen

edith

the zoo was a success, except for the fact hazel tried to jump in with the penguins. after that, we went to eat and while sitting there i couldn't stop thinking about the surgery. i'd finally be able to have kids but the thought of the surgery is scaring me.

"lighten up, your surgery isn't until next week." justin bumped his shoulder to mine, sipping on his drink. "i'll be by your side, edith."

"i'll be unconscious so it doesn't really matter." i frown. "i can't do it, justin-"

he grabs my hands and squeezes them. "hazel will be glad to have a younger brother or sister, edith."

"you could just have another kid and give me legal parenting rights." i roll my eyes causing him to laugh.

"or we can just have a kid together." he winks, then turns to hazel who was patting his shoulder.

what the fuck?

ryan taps my shoulder, "i don't mean to be all in your business but what surgery? you seem hella scared. i had my appendix taken out so i had to go through it."

"i'm unable to have children." i say, and he frowns.

"so that's why you adopted hazel?" he asks, me nodding. "well, i'm glad it was you and not some crazy ass fan."

"his fans aren't crazy, they're just really enthusiastic." i smirk, and he just laughs sarcastically.

"whatever you say."

+

that night, justin carried hazel up to her room then came back down, sitting next to me. "you'll be fine, edith."

"i know." i sigh. "i just ... what if it doesn't work?"

"stop thinking so negatively." he cups my cheeks, making me look at him. "you'll be fine, okay. trust me?"

i nod, and he continues to stare at me. i could've sworn we were going to kiss, we actually were but instead hazel came downstairs yelling mommy.

"i can't sleep, sing me a song?"

"you know i can't sing, baby." i laugh. "i'll read you a book."

"i'll sing you a song, come on." justin grabs both of our hands, taking is upstairs.

in hazel's room, justin and i sit on the bed, while she lays down. "what song do i sing?" he looks at me.

"i don't know, row row row your boat?" i say, and he starts laughing hysterically at me.

"or how about twinkle twinkle little star." he rolls his eyes, and hazel nods tiredly. just as justin started singing, i started to rock hazel slowly.

his voice is so angelic, i started to nod off a little. when i felt all of hazel's weight drop in my arms, i pull the covers over her and yawned.

"did i make you tired?" he giggles like a little kid making me roll my eyes.

"yes, yes you did."

"well goodnight, edith." he chuckles. "i should get to the hotel."

"you can stay here if you want." i try not to sound desperate but i definitely did. "i-if you want to, i mean."

"are you sure?" he asks.

"if we can be adults and sleep in the same bed, im okay with it." i chuckle. "my couch is uncomfortable."

"i sleep naked." justin says, following me to my bedroom. i turn to him, and he starts laughing. "im kidding, i sleep shirtless though."

"no problem with that."

--------

TJIS IS JUST A FILLER IM SORRY 😂