Prelude

The wolf; a powerful beast. His fur, thick and beautiful, shields him from the winter's bitter cold. He runs in synchronized movements, fore paws pushing back against the snow and hind legs flying in the air. His movements are majestic, yet graceful and steady. Throwing himself over the great distance, his size and stature give him away as an Alpha, the leader, the king.

She must admit that she hated his kind with every shard of her soul. They were the reason for her suffering and pain, the object of her deepest hatred. Had someone told her that one day she would be mated to this wolf, living amongst his pack as his Luna, she would have thrown her head back in ridiculing laughter. She? In a pack? Mated to one of them? No, not in a thousand millennium.

Yet here she is, watching his disappearing form from the edges of their territory with sadness and longing. She would never admit it to him, but there was no man on this earth that she could love ever love more and thought of something happening to him fills her with bone shuddering fear.

But, the separation was necessary. War was fast approaching and the enemy was quickly making their move. Already, rumors of a militant group calling themselves the Range were beginning to spread tension and fear amongst the packs. Time was up. The preparation stage was over. As much as she wished for more time, it was impossible. Yesterday, the Calator Queen contacted them, informing them that she was ready. And so he had to go, it was now or inevitable destruction.

Her name is Panora and her tale begins with a simple saying that has kept her alive despite the odds: everything is not as it seems.

Hello world, this is my first book. I must warn you all I never paid much attention in English class when it came to grammar and writing. In fact I hated it. However reading was and is still my life and so I soon realized the truth in my mothers words when she told me you can't have reading without writing. A few years into high school and I picked up writing and loved it. Thank you for taking the time to read my story, please comment your likes or dislikes and if I have intrigued you please be kind enough to hit the vote button.

Enjoy.