Chapter 17: Grimwore

Dedicated to: 

"Fate knows best." Zachariah Grimwore~

Sitting comfortably in the lounge of the most prestigious club in New York Zachariah Grimwore's mind was miles away

Sitting comfortably in the lounge of the most prestigious club in New York Zachariah Grimwore's mind was miles away. All around him his Pack Members spoke and drank, yet for what had to be the first time in his life, his external senses were off. Even his wolf Ezekiel was silent.

The events of last week play in his mind on repeat. He had come to America for a simple conference but ended up fighting Taintbloods, finding out that his long awaited mate is a human only to be rejected by her and witness the turn of a Golden Wolf who happened to be his mate's son. To say that he had a crazy week was an understatement.

He raised a now warm glass of bourbon to his lip and reveled in the burn as the liquid traveled down his throat. 'Marks' as she called herself was her last name. A quick call to the restaurant she worked at confirmed that, but somehow he was sure that it wasn't her real name. She was the last person he would imagine with a name like Suzie Marks.

Ever since that encounter they had the night they fought the Taintbloods, she remained a constant topic of his thoughts. Even now she could remember her green eyes had flashed in contempt when he tried to forcefully take her back with him. He had lost his temper that day and made the most short sighted mistake of his life. Of course she wasn't an average helpless human female! She had stood back to back with him and fought off the vampires killing each with vicious and and accurate strikes. Her martial arts was unlike that which had ever seen, every move was done without waste and over exertion. No fancy footwork, just the goal to kill and maim quickly in any way.

Zachary palmed his forehead squeezing his eyes shut in annoyance at his own foolishness. He was never one to allow his pride to rule his actions, and yet when she challenged him he had lost all control and logic in effort to place fear in those taunting eyes. In the end she almost killed him. The memory flashed in Zachariah's mind. Had Katarina never intervened, he didn't doubt that he would've gone to meet the ancestors.

Another thing that struck him strange was the boy. She called him her son and treated him as so.

I hate all wolves except my son, she had said

How could a human woman, birth a wolf? The thought was bewildering. Zachariah shifted uncomfortably at the thought of the wolf who must have impregnated her and his fist balled. A bitter feeling in his heart rose before swallowing it down.

Being impregnated by a wolf was still impossible he thought. Humans lack the dark matter with in their genetics to copulate with a Dark Creature.

"There are stories of this happening," Ezekiel's feral voice suddenly rumbled deeply in Zachariah's mind.

Startled Zachariah asked, "When?"

Back in the memories of ancestor Sulkin there was mention of King Blaken of Wolves was mated to Queen Sera who was of human origins. Years ago it was also rumored that a Beta of one of the Seven American Packs was mated to a human."