Chapter 3: Alpha Cayden

Back in the mansion two soft knocks resonated through the room. At the sound Alpha Cayden looked up from his work.

"Enter," he commanded looking at the door.

He gave his permission and the door opened revealing the Luna of the pack as she made her way into the office. Cayden tensed knowing that his mate would not come down here unless she had something important to discuss.

And this time would be no exception, if her determined expression was anything to go by.

"How could you do this Cayden?" She asked in anger. "To Misha's daughter? To her family name? How could you dishonor the McCormick name, and put aside the friendship and help that family gave this pack for centuries?" She demanded, her face red.

"Misha brought dishonor to her own name and to our clan by marrying a human," The Alpha spit viciously. "And now her human daughter is paying the price, Lilian."

Lillian stared at her beloved mate as if he had grown a second head. Shaking hers in disbelief, it was like she was seeing him for the first time.

"So you give her freely to that animal? Cayden, you know the rumors about him, what he does to young girls! But, that didn't enter your mind when you sold what isn't even yours!" She exclaimed in ridicule.

His wolf was coming very close to the surface, his usually brown eyes turned black, "How dare you speak to me this way Lilian! I would remind you who you are talking to!" he growled.

Lillian's breath hitched in fear in the face of her mate's rising anger.

"This is my pack and I will rule it as I see fit," he continued. "Deval gave me a chance to buy the river that gives us water. Remember that Lillian?" he spat, his eyes fully black, "The one we had to beg like sniveling rats for every year so our people wouldn't go thirsty. And yes, I signed that human brat's life to Deval, she and her mother have been a stain on this pack for a long time, it was time to get rid of that trash." He heaved in anger.

Obedience was something Alpha Cayden demanded from his mate, and was something she had always given to him, but she could not sit by as her old friend's daughter was given away to a man who would likely use her for no other purpose than as a sex slave. Lillian had caught glimpses of the girl around the pack, and had watched as she had grown from a child and into a beautiful woman. Deval had obviously seen the same.

Casting a glance at her mate, whose anger was calming down, she asked when he would take her.

"I am going to get her right now."

"I will never forgive you," she spoke softly.

Just as Cayden's eyes widened with fresh anger, his beta contacted him through the pack link.

"What is it?" he demanded, jaw clenched.

"She's running."

Cayden cursed, how the little brat could have known - he hadn't a clue, she always seemed to know everything. It was something else he hated about Misha's brat, she always seemed to look at him with those unusual knowing emerald green eyes of hers. They seemed to always be laughing at him no matter the situation. None of it mattered anymore though, he'd catch the little brat and drag her back and be rid of her for good.

"Gather the men I want her tracked down and brought to me now!"

"Yes alpha."

Alpha and luna sat silently in the in the office waiting for news. Lilian hoped that Misha's daughter had escaped while Cayden hoped they would find her before Deval found out. The hands on the clock hanging on the office wall moved and time passed. It was night when the doors of the office bursted open and an enraged Deval bounded in.