Chapter 15: Eve Van Hurst

"It was her "gift" as that man had so nicely put it. "  

                                                          Evangeline Van Hurst,  Queen of Vampires 

New York city

The night air was cool ruffling Eve's long hair with its soft caress as she looked out into the lit city. She and her companion Babett had rented the penthouse of hotel in the middle of the city where she stood looking off the edge of the balcony. The city that never sleeps they called it, and she could see why. Even though it was late into the hours of the night, the city was alive. Cars roamed the streets and billboards lit up the sky. The people, seemingly used to the hustle and bustle were walking about as if it were day.

Humans. Often looked down upon by the mystical and supernatural world that Eve was so forcefully thrown into. They were viewed as weak because of their lack of connection to the light and dark magic forces that gave the supernaturals and mysticals their powers. But Eve saw something in humans that was rarely seen. They might have been powerless, they might have short lives but they were resilient, brilliant creatures. They made their own magic. The magic of science, technology. Crawling from wars, devastation, slavery, and death, they persevered.

Diseases such as the common cold that would have killed off an entire family during her time was easily cured by a trip to the Pharmacy. Such delightful things. Carrying the salvation of many in little bottles and capsules.

But what made Eve gasp in wonder was the magic they called electricity. Power. It gave humans the power to fly, to do things that might have never been imagined in her time. They had traveled to the stars for god's sake! The stars!

Their strength had increased as well. Gone was the age of sticks and stone, torches and catapults. The age of bombs that could devastate an entire country leaving it lifeless, the age of air borne parasites that could eat your flesh alive.

Eve sighed her eyes closing. This war will devastate the world. For every thousand the supernatural killed the humans would kill more. They would fight until nothing was left. That's why it was imperative for her to do something. She had to find the golden wolf and sooner rather than later.

"Mistress," Babett's soft french accented voice behind behind her.

Turning to meet her eve drew her white sheer robe around her.

"Its ready madam."

Eve smiled tiredly and walked away from the balcony and made her way to the bathroom to prepare for her blitz.

The Blitz was her way of connecting to the other side. The place where the more sinister demons and supernatural creatures existed. It was beyond dangerous there but not for her. It was her "gift" as that man had so nicely put it. A gift from his violation. She could travel between realms and lands in different domains.